Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta
|Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta|
Hotel MiraCosta from within Tokyo DisneySea
|Location||Tokyo Disney Resort|
|Opened||September 4, 2001|
|Operator||The Oriental Land Company|
|Tokyo Disney Resort|
|Shopping, dining and entertainment|
|The Oriental Land Company|
The Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta was the second hotel built at Tokyo Disney Resort in Urayasu, Chiba, Japan. It opened on September 4, 2001 alongside the opening of the Tokyo DisneySea theme park. It was constructed under a license by The Walt Disney Company. The hotel is managed by The Oriental Land Company.
The hotel gains the distinction of being the only hotel in the world which is entirely placed inside a Disney theme park. It is located above the Mediterranean Harbor port in Tokyo DisneySea. The hotel is themed after the ports of Portofino and Venice.
The hotel offers rooms on three sides, these are from highest priced to lowest; the Porto Paradiso side offering views of Mount Prometheus and Fantasmic, the Venice Side facing the Venetian gondolas, and the Tuscany side facing the park and hotel entrances.
Guests enter Tokyo DisneySea through a special entrance in the hotel available only to hotel guests.
There are three restaurants in the hotel.
- BelleVista Lounge - Lobby lounge serving Italian cuisine and drinks
- Oceano - Mediterranean restaurant offering both a buffet and course menu facing the Mediterranean Harbor area of the park
- Silk Road Garden - Chinese restaurant
Serves as both a convenience store and gift shop for hotel guests.
Pools and other paid amenities
The resort charges guests an additional fee for access to these amenities.
- Outdoor pool - only open during the summer season
- Indoor pool
- Hippocampi pool bar
- Spa area
- Fitness room
Chapel MiraCosta is one of three locations where weddings are offered at Tokyo Disney Resort, also offering private banquet rooms for receptions.
- "Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta Will Open September 4, 2001, - LaughingPlace.com: Disney World, Disneyland and More". www.laughingplace.com. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Chronology | About Us | OLC Group". www.olc.co.jp. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Hotel MiraCosta Review - Disney Tourist Blog". Disney Tourist Blog. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
- "TDR Restaurant Review: Oceano at Disneysea's Hotel MiraCosta". Appetite For Japan. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
- "Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta: rooms, facilities and comparisons". Appetite For Japan. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
|This Disney-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|