Tokyo International Forum
|Tokyo International Forum|
Exterior of Tokyo International Forum
|Location||Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan|
|Operator||Tokyo International Forum, Co., LTD|
|5,012 (Hall A), 1,500 (Hall C)|
|• Total space||5,000m² (Exhibition hall)|
One of its halls seats 5,000. In addition to seven other halls, it includes exhibition space, a lobby, restaurants, shops, and other facilities.
Designed by architect Rafael Viñoly and completed in 1996, it features swooping curves of steel truss and glass; the outside is shaped like an elongated boat.
Standing between Tokyo Station and Yūrakuchō Station, its address is in Marunouchi, Chiyoda, on the site formerly occupied by Tokyo City Hall (before it moved to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building in 1991).
- 2005–: La Folle Journée au Japon
- 2011: International Union of Architects world congress
- 2012: World Bank and IMF Annual Meetings
- 2014: International Bar Association congress
- 2015: Ariana Grande, The Honeymoon Tour
- 2020: Weightlifting venue for the 2020 Summer Olympics
- "What is La Folle Journée?". www.lfj.jp. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "2012 TOKYO ANNUAL MEETINGS of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group (Host Government Website)". Imf-wb.2012tokyo.mof.go.jp. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- "Tokyo 2014: Annual Conference of the International Bar Association". www.ibanet.org/. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "Venue Plan". Tokyo 2020 Bid Committee. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
Media related to Tokyo International Forum at Wikimedia Commons
- Tokyo International Forum
- Tokyo International Forum Map
- Tokyo International Forum at greatbuildings.com
|This article about a Japanese building– or structure–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|