Tokyo Metro 06 series
|Tokyo Metro 06 series|
The 06 series train at Yoyogi-Uehara Station in February 2007
|In service||1993 - 2015|
|Manufacturer||Kawasaki Heavy Industries|
|Number built||1 set (10 vehicles)|
|Number in service||None|
|Formation||10 cars per trainset|
|Line(s) served||Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line, Joban Line, Odakyu Odawara Line|
|Car body construction||Aluminium|
|Car length||20,000 mm (65 ft 7 in)|
|Width||2,865 mm (9 ft 4.8 in)|
|Height||4,140 mm (13 ft 7 in)|
|Doors||4 pairs per side|
|Maximum speed||100 km/h (60 mph)|
|Power output||3,280 kW|
|Deceleration||3.7 km/h/s (service)
4.7 km/h/s (emergency)
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead wire|
|Safety system(s)||CS-ATC, JR ATS, Odakyu ATS|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Tokyo Metro 06 series (東京地下鉄06系? Tōkyō Chikatetsu 06-kei) was an electric multiple unit (EMU) train formerly operated by the Tokyo subway operator Tokyo Metro on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line in Tokyo, Japan, from 1993 until 2015.
The sole 06 series set, numbered set 71, was based at Ayase Depot and is formed as shown below with four motored ("M") cars and six non-powered trailer ("T") cars, and car 1 at the Yoyogi-Uehara (southern) end.
|Numbering||06 101||06 201||06 301||06 401||06 501||06 601||06 701||06 801||06 901||06 001|
Cars 2 and 9 had wheelchair spaces.
Built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, the ten-car set was delivered in December 1992, and entered service in March 1993. From January 2015, the set was removed from regular service. It was moved to Shinkiba Depot in August 2015, where cutting up commenced in September 2015.
- 私鉄車両のうごき [Private railway rolling stock changes]. Tetsudo Daiya Joho Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 45 no. 384. Japan: Kotsu Shimbun. April 2016. p. 128.
- The 地下鉄 [The Subway] (in Japanese). Japan: Sansuisha. 29 September 2004. p. 35. ISBN 4-06-366218-7.
- 東京地下鉄06系、新木場へ [Tokyo Metro 06 series moved to Shinkiba]. RM News (in Japanese). Japan: Neko Publishing Co., Ltd. 13 August 2015. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2015 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2015] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 23 July 2015. p. 73. ISBN 978-4-330-58415-7.
- 首都圏鉄道完全ガイド 地下鉄・その他私鉄編 [Tokyo Area Complete Railway Guide - Subway and Other Private Lines] (in Japanese). Japan: Futabasha. 23 July 2014. p. 42. ISBN 978-4-575-45450-5.
- 東京メトロ06系の解体が始まる [Cutting up starts on Tokyo Metro 06 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 25 September 2015. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tokyo Metro 06 series.|