Tokyo Polytechnic University
|Campus||Nakano, Tokyo, Atsugi, Kanagawa|
Tokyo Polytechnic University (東京工芸大学 Tōkyō Kōgei Daigaku) is a private university in Honchō, Nakano, Tokyo. Its nickname is Shadai (写大). It was formerly known as Tokyo College of Photography (東京写真大学, Tōkyō Shashin Daigaku).
The university was founded as Konishi Professional School of Photography in Shibuya in 1923. The founder, Rokuemon Sugiura VII, was the president of Konishi Main Shop (later Konica) at that time and founded the school to fulfil the wish of Rokuemon Sugiura VI, the previous president.
Beginning in 2007, the university offers courses in manga studies and animation studies.
- Akitaro Daichi
- Eikoh Hosoe (photographer)
- Yoko Kamio
- Takashi Koizumi
- Kōichi Saitō (film director)
- Mutsuo Sugiura
- Sakae Tamura (photographer)
- Kenji Tsuruta
- Shin Yanagisawa (photographer)
- Jinbo Kyōko (神保京子), "Hosoe Eikō" (細江英公), Nihon shashinka jiten (日本写真家事典) / 328 Outstanding Japanese Photographers (Kyoto: Tankōsha, 2000; ISBN 4-473-01750-8), p.277.
- Nihon kindai shashin no seiritsu to tenkai (日本近代写真の成立と展開) / The Founding and Development of Modern Photography in Japan (Tokyo: Tokyo Museum of Photography, 1995), p.277.
- Nakahara Atsuyuki (中原淳行), "Yanagisawa Shin" (柳沢信), Nihon shashinka jiten (日本写真家事典) / 328 Outstanding Japanese Photographers (Kyoto: Tankōsha, 2000; ISBN 4-473-01750-8), p.316.
- Profile of Ōishi, Nikon Corp. Accessed 2010-11-03.