Tokyo RPG Factory
In 2014, Square Enix formed a new development studio named "Tokyo Dream Factory". During Square Enix press conference at E3 2015, the publisher announced at the show the establishment of a new studio called Tokyo RPG Factory. According to the company, this new subsidiary was created to focus on the creation of JRPGs, mainly the ones inspired on the games the company made on the 90s. At the same event, Square Enix announced Project Setsuna, the first game of the studio which would be called I Am Setsuna on the final release.
In 2017, Square Enix announced Lost Sphear, a spiritual successor to I Am Setsuna and a new game from the studio to be released on the same year in Japan, while in 2018 for the West. In 2019 during a Nintendo Direct, Square Enix announced a new game from the studio called Oninaki for release in 2019 in Japan and the West.
|2016||I Am Setsuna||PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows|
|2017||Lost Sphear||PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows|
|2019||Oninaki||PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows|
- Kleckner, Stephen (2015-06-16). "Square Enix unveils Tokyo RPG Factory studio and Project Setsuna, its first game". Venturebeat. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- Romano, Sal (2014-09-05). "Square Enix opening new console RPG studio". Gematsu. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- "How Lost Sphear continues the surprise revival of classic Japanese RPGs". 2017-07-25. Archived from the original on 2017-10-24.
- O'Connor, Alice (30 May 2017). "I Am Setsuna devs announce Lost Sphear". Archived from the original on 24 October 2017.
- Official website(in Japanese)
|This Square Enix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|