|Mandarin||Dōng Jīng Gōng Lüè|
|Cantonese||Dung1 Ging1 Gung1 Leok6|
|Directed by||Jingle Ma|
|Produced by||Raymond Chow|
|Screenplay by||Susan Chan
|Starring||Tony Leung Chiu-wai
|Music by||Peter Kam|
|Edited by||Kwong Chi-leung|
|Distributed by||Golden Harvest Pictures (China) Ltd.|
|Box office||HK$28 million|
Tokyo Raiders is a 2000 Hong Kong action film set in Hong Kong and Tokyo, directed by Jingle Ma and starring Tony Leung Chiu-wai, Ekin Cheng and Kelly Chen. The success of the film led to the making of its sequel, Seoul Raiders, in 2005. The film was the last film released on LaserDisc in Japan.
This article needs a plot summary. (July 2014)
- Tony Leung Chiu-wai as Detective Lam Kwai-yan
- Ekin Cheng as Pat Tai-yung
- Kelly Chen as Macy
- Cecilia Cheung as Saori
- Toru Nakamura as Takashashi Yuji
- Hiroshi Abe as Ito Takeshi
- Kumiko Endô as Naomi
- Maju Ozawa as Yukiko
- Yûko Moriyama as Miyuku
- Minami Shirakawa as Sayuri
- Takeshi Yamato as Akagawa
Derek Elley of Variety wrote that it "makes up in personality and an overall light, jokey tone what it lacks in sheer action smarts." Time Out London wrote, "Made to order for Chinese New Year release, this charmless action-comedy would like to be Charade but hasn't a clue how to handle plot structure, characterisation or secret-identity twists." Keith Phipps of The A.V. Club wrote that it "delivers the mix of humor, action, and style promised, though not delivered, by the big-screen version of Charlie's Angels". Beyond Hollywood wrote, "Aside from an overbearing soundtrack and a hackneyed plot with too many silly twists, Tokyo Raiders is good for a laugh."
- Elley, Derek (2000-10-23). "Review: 'Tokyo Raiders'". Variety. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Tokyo Raiders on LDDB". Laserdisc Database.
- "Tokyo Raiders". Time Out London. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- Phipps, Keith (2002-04-19). "Tokyo Raiders". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Tokyo Raiders (2000) Movie Review". BeyondHollywood.com. 2002-05-11. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
|This article related to a Hong Kong film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a martial arts film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|