Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
|Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters|
European PlayStation Vita box art
|Composer(s)||The Key Project|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows|
|Genre(s)||Adventure, visual novel, strategy role-playing|
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (魔都紅色幽撃隊 Mato Kurenai Yūgekitai) is a video game produced by Toybox Inc. for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. It was originally released on 10 April 2014 in Japan by Arc System Works, and was released in North America by Aksys Games on 10 March 2015 and in Europe by NIS America on 13 March 2015. An updated version with a reworked battle system, titled Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs, was released in Japan on 26 November 2015, in North America on 20 September 2016 and in Europe on 21 October 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. A Microsoft Windows version of Daybreak: Special Gigs, published by PQube, was released worldwide on 17 March 2017.
Hardcore Gamer gave the game a 2 out of 5 score, and criticized the lack of explanations for many of the elements of the game, such as the icon-based system for responding to characters, while also praising the character animation.
Erren Van Duine of PlayStation LifeStyle also disliked the lack of in-game explanations, but gave praise in particular to the art style, character animation, backgrounds, story, and the English localization, while criticizing the RPG segments for being too frustrating and luck-based; she gave the game a score of 8.5 out of 10.
- "Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Creator Introduction". NIS America. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Sal Romano (2014-07-04). "Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters coming to North America in 2015". Gematsu. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Jeffrey Matulef (2015-01-23). "Deadly Premonition dev's visual novel/RPG Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters dated for Europe". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Brittany Vincent (2015-07-05). "Tell us how you really feel: Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters headed for North America". Destructoid. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Estrada, Marcus (13 March 2015). "Review: Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters". Hardcore Gamer. Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
|This tactical role-playing game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|