Tokyu 6000 series
|Tokyu 6000 series|
6000 series on an express service, March 2008
|In service||March 2008–|
|Manufacturer||Tokyu Car Corporation|
|Number built||36 vehicles (6 sets)|
|Number in service||36 vehicles (6 sets)|
|Formation||6 cars per trainset|
|Line(s) served||Tōkyū Ōimachi Line|
|Car body construction||Stainless steel|
|Car length||20,435 mm (67 ft 0.5 in) (end cars)
20,000 mm (65 ft 7 in) (intermediate cars)
|Width||2,800 mm (9 ft 2 in)|
|Height||3,640 mm (11 ft 11 in)|
|Maximum speed||Service: 110 km/h (70 mph)
Design: 120 km/h (75 mph)
|Traction system||Variable frequency (IGBT)|
|Power output||190 kW x 6|
|Deceleration||3.5 km/h/s (service)
4.5 km/h/s (emergency)
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead wire|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Tokyu 6000 series (東急6000系 Tōkyū 6000-kei) is an electrical multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the private railway operator Tokyu Corporation on express services on the Tōkyū Ōimachi Line in Japan since 28 March 2008. Based on the 5000 series design, cars have four sets of doors per side with a more aerodynamic front end design than its predecessors.
Car 5 is fitted with two single-arm pantographs, and car 2 is fitted with one.
The first set, 6101, was delivered in December 2007. The first trains entered revenue-earning service on 28 March 2008.
- Start of express services on Ōimachi Line, Tokyu press release, 15 February 2008
- 私鉄車両年鑑2013 [Japan Private Railways Annual 2013]. Tokyo, Japan: Ikaros Publications Ltd. 20 March 2013. p. 177. ISBN 978-4-86320-693-9.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2013 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2013]. Japan: JRR. 30 July 2013. p. 69. ISBN 978-4-330-39313-1.
- 東京急行電鉄6000系 [Tokyu 6000 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 48 no. 564. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. April 2008. pp. 67–74.
- "甲種鉄道車両輸送計画表" [New Rolling Stock Delivery Schedule]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine. Vol. 37 no. 285. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. January 2008. p. 124.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tokyu 6000 series.|