Tokyu Hands Inc., known as Tokyu Hands (東急ハンズ, Tōkyū Hanzu), is a Japanese department store. Tokyu Hands is part of the Tokyu Department Store (itself a member of the Tokyu Group); its first store opened in Shibuya, Tokyo in 1976. Tokyu Hands got its start as a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) store, hence the logo with two hands, and the emphasis on crafts and materials for projects.
Tokyu Hands focuses on hobby, home improvement and lifestyle products. At the Shibuya flagship store, products include toys, games, novelty items, gift cards, gift wrap, costumes, bicycles, travel products (such as luggage and camping gear), hobby materials, household hardware, tools, do-it-yourself kits, pet supplies, office supplies and stationery; calligraphy, painting, drawing supplies, furniture, lighting, home appliances, and storage solutions.[buzzword]
Most branches offer free workshops (in Japanese) and have demonstrations running on various floors during busy periods (weekends and holidays). There is a delivery service available for purchases that cannot be taken home on the day.
Tokyu Hands operates 49 stores in Japan, including in:
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2021)
- History from Tokyu-land.com Archived 2006-10-11 at the Wayback Machine
- "Tokyu Hands shop list". Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- migration (1 July 2014). "Tokyu Hands to open here". The Straits Times. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- "TOKYU HANDS". www.tokyu-hands.com.sg. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- "HANDS 台隆手創館". hands.com.tw (in Chinese). Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- Official website (in English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai)