|City of Toledo|
Aerial view of Toledo
Map of Cebu with Toledo highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||3rd district of Cebu|
19 June 1960
|• Type||Sangguniang Panlungsod|
|• Mayor||John Osmeña (Ind)|
|• Vice mayor||Antonio Yapha|
|• City Council|
|• Representative||Gwendolyn Garcia|
|• Total||216.28 km2 (83.51 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||790/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2016)||103,658|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||3rd class|
City of Toledo (Cebuano: Dakbayan sa Toledo; Filipino: Lungsod ng Toledo), formerly known as Pueblo Hinulawan is a 3rd city income class component city in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 170,335. In the 2016 electoral roll, it had 103,658 registered voters.
On 18 June 1960 Toledo became a chartered city under Republic Act No. 2688
Toledo is about 50 kilometres (31 mi) away from Cebu City and is widely known for its huge mining industry owned by Atlas Consolidated Mining and Development Corporation, which is the umbrella of Carmen Copper Corporation and its Toledo Mine.
Investigation of potential copyright issue
|If you have just labeled this page as a potential copyright issue, please follow the instructions for filing at the bottom of the box.|
The previous content of this page or section has been identified as posing a potential copyright issue, as a copy or modification of the text from the source(s) below, and is now listed on Wikipedia:Copyright problems (listing):
Unless the copyright status of the text on this page is clarified, the problematic text or the entire page may be deleted one week after the time of its listing.
|Can you help resolve this issue?
For more details on this topic, see Wikipedia:Copyright problems § Responding to articles listed for copyright investigation.
|About importing text to Wikipedia
For more details on this topic, see Wikipedia:Copying text from other sources.
|Instructions for filing
If you have tagged the article for investigation, please complete the following steps:
Shrine of Saint Pedro Calungsod
Following the canonization on 21 October 2012 of Visayan teen martyr Pedro Calungsod (1672), the hilltop parish of Cantabaco became the first shrine and church named after the second Filipino saint.
Toledo City comprises 38 barangays:
|072251016||Don Andres Soriano (Lutopan)||7.5%||12,764||15,333||−3.43%|
|072251024||Gen. Climaco (Malubog)||3.7%||6,337||5,521||2.66%|
|072251023||Juan Climaco, Sr. (Magdugo)||3.7%||6,279||5,568||2.31%|
|072251034||Santo Niño (Mainggit)||3.1%||5,316||4,320||4.03%|
|Population census of Toledo|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Office|
- Máximo Macapobre was a 19th-century Philippines leader and activist.
- "City". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "Municipal: Toledo, Cebu". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- Republic Act No. 2688 of 18 June 1960 Charter of the City of Toledo
- Carmen Copper Corporation
- "Destruction of Old Hinulawan (1863)".
- "New Hinulawan (1863-1869)".
- "New Hinulawan of 1869 Became Pueblo Toledo". Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- Philippine Star, Vanessa Balbuena (14 October 2012). "Special feature :In honor of Blessed Pedro". Archived from the original on 21 March 2017.
- "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- Poog Crag: A Brand-New Rock Climbing Destination in a Tropical Paradise
- Adrenaline Romance, Cantabaco
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toledo.|
|Tañon Strait||Cebu City