Location of Rugged Island in the South Shetland Islands
|Archipelago||South Shetland Islands|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Toledo Island (Bulgarian: остров Толедо, ‘Ostrov Toledo’ \'os-trov to-'le-do\) is the southern of two rocky islands in Smyadovo Cove on the west coast of Rugged Island in the South Shetland Islands. The feature is 320 m long in east-west direction and 110 m wide. It is separated from Rugged Island to the southeast and Prosechen Island to the north by 40 m and 60 m wide passages respectively. The area was visited by early 19th century sealers.
- Península Byers, Isla Livingston. Mapa topográfico a escala 1:25000. Madrid: Servicio Geográfico del Ejército, 1992.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2010. ISBN 978-954-92032-9-5 (First edition 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4)
- Antarctic Digital Database (ADD). Scale 1:250000 topographic map of Antarctica. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR). Since 1993, regularly upgraded and updated.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Smith Island. Scale 1:100000 topographic map. Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2017. ISBN 978-619-90008-3-0
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
- Toledo Island. SCAR Composite Antarctic Gazetteer.
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Livingston Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|