|Motto||Safely Build the World's Best Transmissions|
|Purpose||Production of Transmissions for GM|
The facility was founded in 1916, and has been the site for production of many of GM's Hydra-Matic transmissions since. The facility currently produces the Hydra-matic 6L80 Rear-Wheel-Drive 6-Speed and the Global Front-Wheel-Drive 6-Speed 6T40 transmissions. The 6L80 was built at Willow Run Transmission until production ended on December 15, 2010. GM has announced that they will also be producing an 8-speed transmission at this facility. The Toledo plant Is producing the 8 speed Rear Wheel drive Transmission as of 2015
Powertrain Toledo was founded in 1916 and produced truck transfer cases and transmissions for four and six wheel drive trucks for the military throughout World War II. Today, Powertrain Toledo is North America’s most productive rear-wheel drive transmission plant. Powertrain Toledo's team members manufacture and assemble GM’s fuel-efficient Hydra-matic 6L80 and 6T40 transmissions. Toledo has been ranked No. 1 in the Harbour Report nine of the past twelve years. The rear-wheel drive transmissions built in Toledo are shipped to GM’s assembly plants in Arlington, Texas; Bowling Green, KY; Ft. Wayne, Ind.; Flint, Mich.; Wentzville, Mo. and Oshawa, Ontario. The front-wheel drive transmissions are shipped to Fairfax, Kan.; Lordstown, Ohio; Oshawa, Ontario and soon, Lake Orion, Mich.
- June 2011; $82 million for 8 speed transmission enhancements.
- May 2011; GM announced that $204 million will be invested into the plant to build a new eight-speed transmission.
- May 2007; $332 million investment to build 6-speed front-wheel-drive transmissions
- February 2006; $540 million investment to build 6-speed rear-wheel-drive transmissions
- Current Products:
- Past Products:
- Possible Future Products: GF6Gen3, RWD 8-Speed
- Hydra-matic 6L80 Rear-Wheel-Drive 6-Speed
- Global Front-Wheel-Drive 6-Speed 6T40
- Harbour ReportTM Award winner.
- 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008 and 2009
- Chairman’s Honors Award for Harbour Report TM performance
- PMQH Best of the Best.
- 1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007 and 2009
- GMPT Toledo Achieves Landfill Free Status
- Hourly: 1,699
- Salary: 195
- Union Local: UAW Local 14