Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up tolerance in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Tolerance|
Tolerance or toleration is the state of tolerating, or putting up with, conditionally.
Biology and medicine
- Desiccation tolerance, the ability of an organism to endure extreme dryness
- Drug tolerance or physiological tolerance, a decrease in the response to a substance due to previous exposure
- Immune tolerance or immunological tolerance, by which the immune system does not attack an antigen
- Low frustration tolerance, a concept in Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
- Pain tolerance, the maximum level of pain that a person is able to tolerate
- Shade tolerance, a plant's abilities to tolerate low light levels
Economics, business, and politics
- Tolerance group, a way to ensure employees do not exceed their authority in financial transactions in an ERP system
- Toleration Party, a historic political party active in Connecticut
- Tolerant Systems, the former name of Veritas Software
- Tolerance tax, a historic tax that was levied against Jews in Hungary
Engineering and physics
- Engineering tolerance, permissible limit(s) of variation in an object
Mathematics and statistics
- Tolerance, a measure of multicollinearity in statistics
- Tolerance interval, a type of statistical probability
- Tolerant sequence, in mathematical logic
- Paradox of tolerance, the problem that a tolerant person is antagonistic toward intolerance, hence intolerant of it
- Tolerance Monument, an outdoor sculpture near Goldman Promenade in Jerusalem, Israel.
- Intolerance (disambiguation)
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
- Toleration Act (disambiguation)
- Zero tolerance (disambiguation)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tolerance.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.