The "KING" Tolga Katas
|Birth name||Tolga Katas|
|Born||June 5, 1966|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Record producer|
Tolga Katas (born June 5, 1966 in Istanbul, Turkey) is a Turkish-born American entrepreneur who began his career as a rock singer and songwriter, then left the spotlight to become a behind-the-scenes independent record producer and promoter. Tolga produced and promoted several multi-platinum artists through his record labels Futura and Summit Entertainment, and contributed significantly to the sales of over 50 million records. He won the BMI Song of the Year Award for Sending All My Love and was nominated for the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Tolga Katas is considered one of the founding fathers of Freestyle music having created a sound of his own which many tried to copy. Tolga is credited with being one of the first pioneering producers to create a hit song entirely on the computer using digital music production technology. Katas produced the 90's boy band sensation Linear, Stevie B, MTS, and more. With the onset of MTV, music soon led Katas into the world of video production, television and network development in the early 80's. He continued producing TV shows and special effects throughout the years including producing cutting-edge video content for DVD distribution, IPTV, iPods, mobile devices and Internet streaming. He was the founder of Longerliving.com and Dayinvestor.com. In 1997, he developed Ultimate Craps, the world's first online craps software; in 2000 he invented iMixalot - one of the first media players that could easily convert sound designer files using QuickTime technology; and he also developed an image management software called eMaculate.
Tolga Katas founded en2go International, Inc. where the legendary John Draper was the CTO, and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak was on the board of directors. He is a self-taught software architect and the inventor of a global Internet broadcasting platform known as Flyxo which distributes movies, music and more through HD streaming. On 11-11-11, Tolga Katas married his long-time creative partner, Christine Marie, co-founder of en2go who is also an educator and founder of Technorazzi Magazine. He is the step-father of pop artist Lola Blanc.
Productions (partial list)
- Stevie B - "Spring Love"
- Stevie B - "Party Your Body"
- Stevie B - "Dream About You"
- Stevie B - "Waiting For Your Love"
- Stevie B - "Funky Melody"
- Linear - "Sending All My Love"
- Linear - "Don't You Come Crying"
- Charles Christopher - "Think About It"
- Alta Dustin - "Looking for Love"
- Angelina - "Old School"
- M-forcers - "Get It Boy"
- Gigolo Tony - "It's the Gigolo"
- E.J. - "Hold You"
- G.T. - "I Need You"
- Daize - "You Took My Heart"
- Ray Guell - "Just Another Lover"
- Tony Marino - "Love You Feel" (1989)
- Sincere Emotion - "Trust In Me"
- Ron - "Give Your Love To Me"
- Stevie B - "Dreamin' of Love"
- Tolga - "Leave It All Behind"
- Tolga - "Lovin' Fool"
- MTS - "I'll Be Alright"
- T. Paris - "Oh Chica"
- Secret Oktober (Steve,Benny,Ritchie,Dave,Chris) - "You're My Only Lover"
- Holy Cole - "Don't Tell Me You Love Me"
- Nez - "You Could Be My Lover"
- Kandice Melonakos - "I'm Alive"
- Tolga Katas at the Internet Movie Database
- Ultimate Craps
- WSJ Article
- partner Christine Marie
- Tolga Katas discography at Discogs
- Wired Article
- Freestyle Mania Interview
- Los Angeles Business Journal
- Spotlight on Tolga Katas