Toll Global Express
|Founded||Newcastle, Australia, (1888 )|
|Services||Integrated Service Provider|
|Revenue||A$1.6375 billion  (2014)|
|Profit||A$119.2 million  (2014)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Japan Post Holdings|
|Founded||1989 (as Jetcraft Aviation)|
|Secondary hubs||Adelaide Airport|
|Parent company||Toll Holdings|
Toll Global Express (TGE) is a division of Toll Group.
- Toll Priority specialises in express domestic and global freight, document management, cash logistics services and information logistics.
- Toll IPEC offers door-to-door express road freight service within Australia for parcels, cartons or pallets, with a choice of next day or priority delivery. Specialised services include handling and delivery of sensitive freight and the hanging of fashion garments.
- Toll Fast is Australia’s largest and most diverse local transport provider. Toll Fast specialises in customised metropolitan delivery services from point-to-point bicycle courier services through to project-based multi-vehicle services. Toll Fast has courier networks in all major cities in Australia.
- Toll People is a human resources service provider specialising in recruitment, labour hire and training services for clients with transport, logistics and supply chain staffing needs.
- Toll Secure provides cash logistics services, guarding services, vault storage and valuable cargo services.
The division operates a fleet of air, sea, rail and road vehicles and vessels.
TGE has over 50 aircraft, including Boeing 737s and ATR-42s, and undertakes over 4,000 flights each week. TGE has access to over 4,000 vehicles ranging from one tonne vans to semi-trailers. Low emission vehicles such as compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles are used.
Toll IPEC has 1,500 pick-up-and-delivery vehicles which are supported by 52 depots and 150 agents and forwarders across Australia. Toll IPEC has been an industry leader in environmental sustainability through its purchase of compressed natural gas-powered trucks. By early 2012 Toll IPEC was reported to have plans to extend their compressed natural gas-powered fleet to more than 70 trucks. Toll IPEC is currently trialling an all-electric truck. The truck is a 10-tonne Smith Electric vehicle. It has a range of up to 200 km, a top speed 95 km per hour and a lithium ion 80 kW battery. The truck needs 5 to 6 hours overnight charging and has a zero-emission.
Specific TGE services include parcel and courier delivery services; freight transport services such as local and interstate linehaul movements; distribution services such as pick, pack and delivery; cash and secure services such as secure banking movements and ATM services; data and document services such as document management, data warehousing and print management services; recruitment solutions such as labour hire, recruitment and training services; visa services; and aircraft and airport services including ground and cargo handling, passenger services and aircraft lease.
The division operates in 20 countries. Toll People provides personnel services Australia wide through a network of 17 offices. Toll Priority has over 300 depots and agencies, 550 DX exchanges and 50 mailrooms.
Warehousing and Storage
The Toll Group operates warehousing facilities in major locations around the world, including key trade gateways in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, America, South Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. In 2014 Toll opened its Bunagarribee facility in Sydney. Built for Toll IPEC it is a 53,000 sq metre facility and the largest express parcel freight depot in Australia.
In 2014 Toll, in conjunction with Australia Pacific Airports, announced they were building a $150 million, a 71,000 square metre facility next to Melbourne Airport. The facility has been custom-designed and will have a highly specialised sortation system that will triple the parcel sorting capacity to 35,000 parcels per hour, specifically increasing the capability of Toll Consumer Delivery.
- 23 October 2014 (2014-10-23). "Presentation Slides AGM 23 October 2014" Australian Stock Exchange. Retrieved 2014-10-23.
- 30 March 2012 (2012-03-30). "Toll's green rise with new Isuzu CNG fleet deal". Logistics & Materials Handling. Retrieved 2013-08-18.