|Founded||Newcastle, Australia, (1888 )|
|Michael Byrne (Managing Director)|
John Mullen (Executive Chairman)
|Services||Integrated Service Provider|
|Revenue||A$8.8 billion  (2014)|
|A$293.1 million  (2014)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Japan Post Holdings|
Toll Group, part of Japan Post Holdings, is a transportation and logistics company with operations in road, rail, sea, air and warehousing. It has three principal businesses, Global Forwarding, Global Logistics and Global Express Services, with some 1200 sites in about 50 countries, mostly in Asia and the Pacific.
Built on a horse-and-cart coal hauling business begun in 1888 by Albert Toll, the Toll business was purchased by National Minerals in 1959. It became part of mining conglomerate Peko Wallsend in 1962. Under Peko Wallsend, which used Toll for all its transport activities, Toll was developed into a national carrier. The company subsequently underwent a name change to Toll-Chadwick, and its new owners sought to integrate its businesses and expand into containerised shipping. Having gone public in 1993, the company was acquired by Japan Post Holdings in 2015.
Based on data published in 2013, Toll IPEC has 25 vehicles running on compressed natural gas, Toll Mining Services has 94 dual fuel clean air power systems and five liquefied natural gas systems, Toll IPEC has electric small passenger cars and light commercial vehicles, Toll Transitions has a small fleet of electric / petrol Toyota Prius hybrids, Toll Energy has several AB Triples and Toll has a fleet of high productivity vehicles and Hino hybrid vehicles.
In 2013, Toll Group was announced as a sponsor of the Amy Gillett Foundation, an Australian cycling advocacy group promoting road safety.
- Wiggins, Jenny (19 August 2014). "Toll Holdings warns conditions 'difficult'". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Annual General Meeting Chairman and Managing Director Speeches (PDF), ASX, retrieved 2010-10-29
- "History | Toll Group - Providing Global Logistics". www.tollgroup.com. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- Lewis, Leo (April 25, 2017). "Japan Post warns of losses after blow from Toll". Financial Times. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "Australian Transport News". Australian Transport News.
- "Logistics Magazine". Logistics Magazine.
- Environment Reporting: Managing climate change & energy risks (PDF), Toll Group, 2013
- "Amy Gillett Foundation". Amy Gillett Foundation.
- "Toll Driver Reviver will help you arrive alive". Victoria State Emergency Service.
- Toll to end Holden Racing Team sponsorship, Speedcafe, 18 September 2013, archived from the original on 8 November 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toll Holdings.|