Tolland High School
|Tolland High School|
|1 Eagle Hill
Tolland, Connecticut, Connecticut, (Tolland County) 06084
|Motto||Strive for Excellence|
|School district||Tolland School District|
|Number of students||828 (2017)|
|Color(s)||Blue, White and Red|
|Newspaper||The Eagle's View|
In 1969, Tolland High School (THS) opened as the first all electric high school in the state of Connecticut. In its first year, there were only 3 grades: 9th, 10th, and 11th.
In 2002, the Tolland Board of Education recommended the construction of a new building for THS. Voters approved the $56.6 million construction in June 2003 with a vote of 2,302 to 2,083. In 2006, THS moved to a new building on the same road. Improvements over the old building included a larger auditorium, new furniture, new sports fields, and a technology wing. 
According to USNews, there are 828 enrolled as of April 2017, resulting in a Student:Teacher Ratio of 14:1. Tolland High School has a graduation rate of 98%
Tolland Alternative Learning Center (TALC)
The Tolland Alternative Learning Center (TALC) is an alternative education program at the Tolland High School that helps struggling students graduate high school, initiated in January 2004. The students take classes from 3pm-7pm.
|This section needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Daniel C. Burbank, astronaut (1978)
- David Passaro, contractor for the American CIA
- Jennifer K. Sweeney, poet (1991)
- Barry Wood, architect, model, and star of TLC's Trading Spaces (1988)
- Simpson, Mark. "New state-of the art Tolland High School opens Tuesday". Journal Inquirer. Journal Inquirer. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Tolland High School". USNews. USNews. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Gustafson, Johnny. "School Dropout Rates Are Linked To Test Scores". CHIT. CHIT. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "DANIEL C. BURBANK (CAPTAIN, USCG, RET.)NASA ASTRONAUT". NASA. Retrieved October 24, 2012.
- "Shubal Stearns (1706-1771)". The New York Times. Retrieved October 24, 2012.