Tolosa (Spanish pronunciation: [toˈlosa]) is a town and municipality to the south of Donostia-San Sebastián in the Basque province of Gipuzkoa, Spain. It is located in the valley of the river Oria and is overlooked by Uzturre, a local iconic mountain topped by a white cross.
On 29 March 1939, there was a fatal accident to the overnight Sud Express train between Paris and Lisbon.
Famous people from Tolosa
- José Antonio Zorreguieta, direct ancestor (born 13 February 1777) of Queen Máxima of the Netherlands
- Xabi Alonso, footballer
- Mikel Alonso, footballer
- Periko Alonso, footballer
- Ainhoa Arteta, soprano
- Edurne Pasaban, mountaineer
- Juan de Tolosa, founder of Zacatecas, Mexico
- Pablo Alonso, basketball coach
- Juan Manuel Lillo, football coach
- Lara Arruabarrena, tennis player
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tolosa.