Tom (pattern matching language)
2.10 / 2013-03-21
|Type||program transformation language|
|License||GPL, BSD licenses|
Tom is a programming language particularly well-suited for programming various transformations on tree structures and XML based documents. Tom is a language extension which adds new matching primitives to C and Java as well as support for rewrite rules systems. The rules can be controlled using a strategy language.
Tom is good for:
- programming by pattern matching
- developing compilers and DSL
- transforming XML documents
- implementing rule based systems
- describing algebraic transformations
- Java Community News Tom: A Pattern-Matching Compiler for Java
- Emilie Balland, Paul Brauner, Radu Kopetz, Pierre-Etienne Moreau and Antoine Reilles (April 2008). "Tom Manual" (PDF).
- "Data structure traversal with Tom".
- "Pattern Matching Pointers".