Tom Banks (Australian rules footballer)
|Full name||Thomas Banks|
|Date of birth||17 June 1867|
|Place of birth||Maryborough|
|Date of death||26 November 1919(aged 52)|
|Original team(s)||Fitzroy (VFA)|
|Height/Weight||180 cm / 80 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 1897 season.
Thomas "Tom" Banks (17 June 1867 – 26 November 1919), who was of West Indian descent, was born on the Maryborough goldfields. He was an Australian rules footballer who played with Fitzroy, and served at the club as an administrator for many years.
- Sygall, D. & MacSmith (2004).
- Donald, (2002), p. 14.
- Tom Banks's statistics from AFL Tables
- Tom Banks's profile from AustralianFootball.com
- Donald, C., "Tom Banks", pp. 14–15 in Donald, C., Fitzroy: For the Love of the Jumper: 100 Players who Made the "Lions" Roar, Pennon Publishing, (North Essendon), 2002.
- Holmesby, Russell & Main, Jim (2009). The Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers. 8th ed. Melbourne: Bas Publishing.
- Main, Jim, Fitzroy: Merging into the Future: The History of the Fitzroy Football Club, Incorporating the Brisbane Bears and Brisbane Lions, Bas Publishing, (Melbourne), 2007.
- Sygall, D. & MacSmith, J., "Fitzroy ball of 1895 goes up for auction", The (Sydney) Sun-Herald, 5 December, 2004.
- Death Notice: Thomas Banks, The Argus, Thursday, 27 November 1919, p.1.