Thomas F. Basso is an American hedge fund manager. He was president and founder of Trendstat Capital Management. Trendstat manages over $65 million for 300 clients worldwide. He is the author of two books, Panic-Proof Investing and the self-published The Frustrated Investor. In 1998, he was elected to the board of the National Futures Association.
Basso became a registered investment advisor in 1980 and a registered commodities advisor in 1984. He founded Trendstat Capital in 1984, and served as its CEO until his retirement. Retired from active trading, he now sits on the hedge fund advisory board of Blackstar Funds LLC.
- "Panic-Proof Investing". Fishpond. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "Clarkson University: Tom Basso '74 & Brenda Russell-Basso". Retrieved October 13, 2015.
- "When I first met Tom Basso, I was immediately struck by his incredible ease about trading". olesiafx.com. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Thomas F. Basso of Trendstat Capital Management".
- Tharp, Van K. (1998). Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom. 83: McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0-07-064762-3.
- Hartle, Thom (November 1993). "The Traders' Psyche: Tom Basso". Stocks & Commodities magazine. Retrieved 2006-09-05.
- Basso, Thomas F. (February 1, 2001). "Timing the Market Revisited". Financial Planning magazine. Retrieved 2006-08-27.
- Basso, Thomas F. (1992). The frustrated investor. Trendstat Capital Management. ASIN B0006F1UQM.
- Schwager, Jack D. (1995). The New Market Wizards. 9 pages: Wiley; New Ed edition. ISBN 0-471-13236-5.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|