Thomas F. Basso is an American hedge fund manager. He was president and founder of Trendstat Capital Management. Trendstat was closed in 2003 when assets under management fell to $65M. He is the author of two books, Panic-Proof Investing and the self-published The Frustrated Investor. In 1998, he was elected to the board of the National Futures Association. He currently runs enjoytheride.world, a website dedicated to trader education. He is also the Chairman of the Board of Standpoint Funds, located in Scottsdale, Arizona, which specializes in All-Weather investing.
Basso became a registered investment advisor in 1980 and a registered commodities advisor in 1984. He founded Trendstat Capital in 1984, and served as its CEO until his retirement. Retired from active trading in 2003, he is enjoying managing his own portfolios and helping new traders learn their craft.
- This is corrected information from the subject of the page, Tom Basso
- "Clarkson University: Tom Basso '74 & Brenda Russell-Basso". Retrieved October 13, 2015.
- "When I first met Tom Basso, I was immediately struck by his incredible ease about trading". olesiafx.com. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Thomas F. Basso of Trendstat Capital Management".
- Hartle, Thom (November 1993). "The Traders' Psyche: Tom Basso". Stocks & Commodities magazine. Retrieved 2006-09-05.
- Basso, Thomas F. (February 1, 2001). "Timing the Market Revisited". Financial Planning magazine. Retrieved 2006-08-27.
- Basso, Thomas F. (1992). The frustrated investor. Trendstat Capital Management. ASIN B0006F1UQM.
- Schwager, Jack D. (1995). The New Market Wizards. 9 pages: Wiley; New Ed edition. ISBN 0-471-13236-5.CS1 maint: location (link)