|Chancellor of the|
University of Manchester
1 August 2008 – 1 August 2015
|Preceded by||Anna Ford and Terry Leahy|
|Succeeded by||Lemn Sissay|
|Born||December 20, 1963|
Fleet, Lincolnshire, England
|Residence||Manchester, England |
|Alma mater||Victoria University of Manchester|
|Profession||Chairman and Co-Founder, Urban Splash|
|Salary||£150,000 plus dividends.|
Thomas Paul Richard "Tom" Bloxham MBE (born 20 December 1963) is a British property developer, founder of urban renewal property development company Urban Splash and member of the judging panel for RIBA's Stirling Prize in 2007. Bloxham has appeared on Britain's rich list and has a property portfolio worth over £200m (as of 2007).
Bloxham was born in Hampshire and went to Tiffin School leaving in 1983 to go to Manchester to study Politics & Modern History at the Victoria University of Manchester. During his time at university he opened a music and poster shop in Afflecks Palace and sold fire extinguishers door-to-door; he tried to increase sales by demonstrating them by setting his briefcase on fire then extinguishing it.
Bloxham began subletting portions of his unit at Afflecks Palace and this began his career in property. Bloxham co-founded Urban Splash with architect Jonathan Falkingham and initially converted redundant properties, mainly formerly industrial buildings, in north west England into city centre residential loft apartments. They have won in excess of 370 awards for design, architecture and urban renewal.
Chancellor of The University of Manchester
Bloxham was elected Chancellor of The University of Manchester in June 2008 to take office from 1 August 2008 for a period of seven years. Bloxham was installed as Chancellor at a ceremony at the University's Whitworth Hall on 3 December 2008. At the same ceremony Sir Bernard Lovell, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Edward Gregson and Eddie Davies received honorary degrees.
- "Tom Bloxham, Esq, MBE Authorised Biography – Debrett's People of Today, Tom Bloxham, Esq, MBE Profile". Debretts.com. 1963-12-20. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- Asthana, Anushka. "Business : Columnists". The Times. London.
- "Park Hill shortlisted for the Stirling Prize - Blog - Urban Splash". Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "TOM BLOXHAM - Chairman of the Urban Splash Group". Manchester Evening News. Archived from the original on 16 August 2007. Retrieved 6 October 2007.
- "UWEawards honorary degree to Tom Bloxham MBE", University of the West of England, 22 November 2007.
- "Urban Splash's Tom Bloxham speaks exclusively to Pride Of Manchester about his life and the city's architecture". Pride of Manchester. Retrieved 6 October 2007.
- "Installation ceremony 2008". Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- UniLife; 2 Feb 2009, pp. 4-5
- "Installation ceremony 2015". Retrieved 2018-11-28.