19 March 1990 |
Featherstone, West Yorkshire, England
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (13 st 8 lb) |
As of 31 March 2017
Tom Briscoe (born 19 March 1990 in Featherstone, West Yorkshire) is an English professional rugby league footballer for Leeds Rhinos of Super League. An England international representative three-quarter, he previously played for Hull F.C..
Following his impressive start to the 2009 season, Briscoe signed a new five-year contract which kept him at the KC Stadium until the end of the 2013 season. Briscoe was also rewarded for his fine form in the early stages of the 2009 season by being included in the first batch of players to be called up to the England Elite Training squad. In 2010 Tom was joined in the Hull FC squad by younger brother Jack, who graduated from the Academy.
On 16 February 2014 Tom made his début for the Leeds Rhinos, scoring at hat trick of tries against Hull Kingston Rovers at the KC Lightstream Stadium in a 34-6 win and scored 8 tries in his first 10 appearances in a very successful start to his Leeds Rhinos career.
In the 2015 Challenge Cup Final on 29 August 2015, Briscoe scored five tries, the first player to achieve this at Wembley Stadium, as Leeds defeated Hull Kingston Rovers 50-0. Briscoe was named Lance Todd Trophy winner for his performance in this match.
At the end of 2010, Briscoe made his international début for England in a friendly match against a New Zealand Māori side and then went on to face the full New Zealand team in the Four Nations. In 2011 Tom was selected to face the rugby league at Headingley Carnegie Stadium in the first ever International Origin match. He subsequently became established in the England team.
- Lance Todd Trophy (2015)
- Super League Dream Team (2011). Scored 5 try's at Wembley and broke record 2015
- Stott, Julie (6 October 2010). "England Four Nations Pen Pics". News of the World. UK: News Group Newspapers Ltd. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- "Tom Briscoe". englandrl.co.uk. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Hull F.C.". web page. Hull F.C. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Briscoe signs new Hull contract". BBC News. 13 March 2009.
- "Pryce not included in elite squad". BBC News. 14 May 2009.
- "Challenge Cup final: Hull KR 0-50 Leeds Rhinos". BBC Sport. 29 August 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2015.