Tom Brosseau at Club W71, Weikersheim (2014)
|Birth name||Thomas Anderson Brosseau|
|Origin||Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States|
|Associated acts||The American Folksingers, Les Shelleys, Hilary Hahn, John Doe, Largo|
FatCat Records artist Tom Brosseau tours and performs in the US, UK, Europe, Japan and Taiwan. In the Los Angeles area, his home club is Largo. His song "How to Grow a Woman from the Ground" was covered by Chris Thile, who released a 2006 album of the same name. One Take New York, in association with Le Blogotheque, filmed two Take-Away Show acoustic video sessions in New York. In 2010, the band Mice Parade covered his song "Mary Anne" on their album What It Means To Be Left-handed. Collaborations include American Folksingers, a folk duo with Gregory Page, and Les Shelleys, a folk duo with Angela Correa, with whom Brosseau released an album on Fat Cat Records in 2010. Beginning in 2012, Brosseau performed with John C. Reilly, Becky Stark and a cast of LA-area musicians in John Reilly & Friends.
Brosseau starred in a film about a man who tries to escape his ex-girlfriend by moving to the desert. Wonder Valley, directed by Andrew van Baal and written by Patrick Strange (publisher of Constance, ex-editor of Filter Magazine), was completed in 2012 and premiered at the Maryland Film Festival in May of that year.
- North Dakota (2002)
- Late Night at Largo (2004)
- What I Mean To Say Is Goodbye (2005)
- Empty Houses Are Lonely (2006)
- Tom Brosseau (2006)
- Grand Forks (2007)
- Cavalier (2007)
- Posthumous Success (2009)
- Les Shelleys (2010)
- Grass Punks (2014)
- Perfect Abandon (2015)
- North Dakota Impressions (2016)
- "Mice Parade: What It Means to Be Left-Handed | Album Reviews". Pitchfork.com. 2010-11-01. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- "Fatcat Records | Home". Fat-cat.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- "Perfect Abandon | Tin Angel Records". tinangelrecords.bandcamp.com. Retrieved 2015-06-29.
- Tom Brosseau official website
- Les Shelleys official website
- Fat Cat Records: Tom Brosseau
- Mary Jones Management
- Complimentary Tom Brosseau demo
|This article about a singer-songwriter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|