|Member of the Kansas House of Representatives
from the 33rd district
November 21, 1954 |
Kansas City, KS
|Residence||Kansas City, KS|
|Alma mater||Kansas City Kansas Community College|
Tom Burroughs (born November 21, 1954) is a Democratic member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the 33rd district, and currently serves as the House Minority Leader. A native of Kansas City, Kansas, he has served since 1997.
Prior to his election, Burroughs ran unsuccessfully for the House in 1990 and 1992. He has an associates degree from Kansas City Community College and spent nearly 30 years working at the Colgate-Palmolive Company.
Burroughs was the Chair of the Colgate-Palmolive Employees Credit Union and the Wy-Jo Chapter of Credit Unions.
During the 2013-2014 Legislative Sessions, Rep. Burroughs served on the following legislative committees:
- Financial Institutions
- General Government Budget (Ranking Member)
- Joint Committee on Legislative Post Audit
The top 5 donors to Burroughs's 2008 campaign:
- 1. Kansas Contractors Assoc $1,000
- 2. Kansans for Lifesaving Cures $750
- 3. Kansas Bankers Assoc $600
- 4. Kansas Assoc of Realtors $500
- 5. United Transportation Union $500
- "Representative Tom Burroughs - House Minority Leader". Kansas Legislature, 2015-2016 Legislative Sessions. Kansas Legislative Information System and Services. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Tom Burroughs Biography
- "Representative Tom Burroughs - House Assistant Minority Leader". Kansas Legislature, 2013-2014 Legislative Sessions. Kansas Legislative Information System and Services. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions