Tom Cilmi (born June 5, 1964) is a Republican Legislator who currently serves constituents for the Tenth Legislative District of New York, and was first inaugurated in January 2010. The 10th District in Suffolk County encompasses Islip, East Islip, Hauppauge, Islip Terrace, Great River, Bohemia, Ronkonkoma, Bay Shore and Islandia. He formerly served as the president of the Islip Chamber of Commerce.
Cilmi has been an outspoken critic of underage drinking and sponsored legislation to prohibit the sale of so-called binge drinking games to minors.
He was reelected in November 2011 with nearly 75% of the vote.
- "Suffolk County Legislature - District Office 10 > Home".
- "NYLCV Endorses Tom Cilmi For County Legislator - New York League of Conservation Voters".
- "Suffolk's Tom Cilmi Continues the Fight Against "Out-of-County" Mandates - LIpolitics.com : Long Island's Political Network".
- "Tom Cilmi".
- "Suffolk Legislature passes $2.9 billion budgetRiverhead News Review - Riverhead News Review".
- "Welcome to Suffolk County Young Republicans".
- Spencer Rumsey (12 February 2014). "Tom Cilmi Archives - Long Island News from the Long Island Press". Long Island News from the Long Island Press.
- Correal, Annie (5 August 2007). "Choice for Theater: Converting or Razing". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Legislator Tom Cilmi: Leading the Nonpartisan Battle Against Substance Abuse in Suffolk County". The Epoch Times. 10 June 2014.
- "About Tom - Tom Cilmi".
- "Suffolk County Legislature - District Office 10 > About".
- "Tom Cilmi".
- Olshan, Jeremy (2010-03-02). "Underage drinking-game ban". New York Post.
- THE EDITORIAL BOARD. "Newsday endorses Thomas Cilmi in Suffolk's 10th District". Newsday.
- "Fighting F.I.T. fee | Long Island Business News". Libn.com. 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "Long Island election results". Newsday.com. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
|County Legislator, 10th District of Suffolk County, NY