Tom Clancy's The Division 2
|Tom Clancy's The Division 2|
|Release||March 15, 2019|
|Genre(s)||Action role-playing, survival|
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is an upcoming online action role-playing video game developed by Massive Entertainment and published by Ubisoft. The game will be released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 15, 2019.
Played from a third-person perspective, the game takes place 6 months after its predecessor in Washington D.C., in which a civil war between survivors and villainous bands of marauders breaks out. In the game, players can cooperate with each other to complete objectives. The game will also feature raids, which can be completed by up to 8 players.
The game is currently being worked on by Massive Entertainment. Evaluating the feedback from players regarding the first game, Massive planned to include more game content at launch and improve the endgame. The game's endgame development was prioritized by Massive after hearing players' complaints from the first game.
The game was officially announced on March 9, 2018, by Ubisoft, with the first gameplay footage being premiered at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2018 in June 2018, In the Expo, Ubisoft confirmed that the game will be released on 15 March 2019 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. A beta is set to be released prior to the game's launch. After the game's release, three episodes of downloadable content, which add new story content and gameplay modes, will be released for all players for free.
- Grubb, Jeff (June 10, 2018). "The Division 2 takes players into a wet, hot American capital on March 15". VentureBeat. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Summers, Nick (June 11, 2018). "'The Division 2' will have the raids 'Destiny 2' doesn't". Engadget. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Nunneley, Stephany (March 8, 2018). "The Division 2 is currently in the works at Massive Entertainment, more to come at E3 2018". VG 247. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Makuch, Eddie (May 18, 2018). "Ubisoft On How The Division 2 Will Be Better Than The Division 1". GameSpot. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Schwartz, Terri (June 11, 2018). "E3 2018: The Division 2's Developer Says First Game's Post-launch Response Was A Nightmare". IGN. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Horti, Samuel (May 12, 2018). "The Division 2 will release within the next 12 months, Ubisoft confirms". PC Gamer. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Nunnelly, Stephany (March 8, 2018). "The Division 2 is currently in the works at Massive Entertainment, more to come at E3 2018". VG247. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- Reynolds, Matthew (June 11, 2018). "The Division 2 beta sign ups, release date and everything else you should know". Eurogamer. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Tamburro, Paul (June 11, 2018). "E3 2018: The Division 2 Raids and Free Year of DLC Revealed by Ubisoft". Game Revolution. Retrieved June 12, 2018.