Tom Coleman (film producer)
Thomas Joseph Coleman
Tom Coleman, also credited as Thomas J. Coleman and T. Joseph Coleman, founded the Atlantic Entertainment Group, private independent film and television company, in 1975 and served as its president. He became chairman and CEO of Prism Entertainment when the company merged with Atlantic in 1988. Coleman was chairman of Independent Entertainment Group. Rocket Pictures, an indie production company, was founded by Coleman in 1992. He is an Executive member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and an industry consultant for the Zurich Consulting Group based in Switzerland. In July 2001, he became CEO, President and director of Sun Network Group. Coleman is the Lead Producer of the musical “ModRock.” Under his nom de plume, Hagan Thomas-Jones, Coleman is a member of the Dramatists Guild. Tom is currently CEO of Innovativ Media Group, a developer, producer and distributor of multi-media content. It has acquired many of the assets of Lux Digital Pictures including a library of feature motion pictures and, via New Broadway Cinema, produces adaptations of stage shows utilizing its trademarked DigiTheater™ virtual reality process. Innovativ also operates The Alien Channel on YouTube, in partnership with FullScreen, Inc., is developing the new web series Just Smart People, the customized movie title search destination VOD Movie Guide and is a principal in the Film Finance Exchange.
|The Day the Music Died (Documentary)||1977||Producer|
|Madame Rosa(drama)||1978||Executive Producer|
|Valley Girl||1983||Executive Producer|
|Alphabet City||1984||Executive Producer|
|Night of the Comet||1984||Executive Producer|
|Teen Wolf||1985||Executive Producer|
|Roadhouse 66||1985||Executive Producer|
|Starchaser: The Legend of Orin||1985||Executive Producer|
|The Adventures of the American Rabbit||1986||Executive Producer|
|The Men’s Club||1986||Executive Producer|
|Modern Girls||1986||Executive Producer|
|Nutcracker: The Motion Picture||1986||Executive Producer|
|Wild Thing||1987||Executive Producer|
|Steele Justice||1987||Executive Producer|
|Summer Heat||1987||Executive Producer|
|The Garbage Pail Kids Movie||1987||Executive Producer|
|Teen Wolf Too||1987||Executive Producer|
|Patty Hearst||1988||Executive Producer|
|It Came from the Sky||1999||Executive Producer|
- "A Current Life: Tom Coleman". Voice America. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Jennifer Pendleton (February 11, 1992). "Coleman's Rocket Blasts Off With MCA/U Vid Deal". Variety.
- James Greenberg (June 29, 1985). "Atlantic Stakes Its Claim Via Pro', Pickups, Yups". Variety.
- "Atlantic Entertainment and Prism Agree to Merge". LA Times. May 14, 1988. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Atlantic Merger with Prism to Be Completed in 2 Weeks". Variety. May 16, 1988.
- Michael Silverman (May 18, 1988). "Atlantic-Prism Merger Closer; Aim to Go Public & Add Wings". Variety.
- "Sun Network Group, INC". United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Membership Profile". Dramatists Guild. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Thomas Coleman". IMDB. Retrieved July 1, 2015.