Tom Davies (footballer, born 1992)
|Full name||Thomas Christopher Davies|
|Date of birth||18 April 1992|
|Place of birth||Warrington, England|
|2013–2014||FC United of Manchester||27||(4)|
|2014||→ FC United of Manchester (loan)||13||(1)|
|2014||→ Alfreton Town (loan)||9||(0)|
|2015||→ Lincoln City (loan)||1||(0)|
|2015||→ Southport (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:26, 20 April 2019 (UTC)|
Born in Warrington, England, Davies started his career with local junior side Grappenhall Juniors where he was spotted by Manchester United and Manchester City and invited for trials with both clubs. He subsequently signed for Manchester United as an eight-year-old, where he spent four years at the club as a youth player before he was released in 2005. He later signed for Blackburn Rovers but was released at the age of sixteen having failed to earn a scholarship.
Whilst he was at studying at college he had brief spells at non-league sides Warrington Town and Runcorn Town before being offered a football scholarship at Northumbria University. And cameo Preston Whilst at University he played for Team Northumbria of the Northern Football League Division Two. In his first season with the club he won the League and Cup double, gaining promotion to Division One. He also featured in the 2012 Northumberland Senior Cup final at St James' Park scoring twice in a defeat to Newcastle United Reserves on penalties after a 4–4 draw. After completing his degree in the summer of 2013, he returned home and signed for Northern Premier League Premier Division side FC United of Manchester after impressing on trial.
In March 2014, after impressing with FC United he signed for Football League Two side Fleetwood Town on an eighteen-month contract, and was immediately loaned back to his former club until the end of the season. He made a total 45 appearances for the FC United, scoring five goals. After failing to secure a place in the Fleetwood side, in October 2014 he was loaned to Conference Premier side Alfreton Town on a one-month loan deal. In November 2014 his loan was extended for a further month, in total he made eleven appearances for the club. In February 2015, he was sent out on loan again to the Conference Premier, signing for Lincoln City on a one-month loan deal. However, he failed to make an impact and only made one appearance as a substitute for Sean Newton in a 2–0 defeat to Bristol Rovers. In March 2015, he was sent out again to the Conference Premier, signing for Southport on loan until the end of the season. He made nine appearances for the Sandgrounders helping them avoid relegation to the National League North.
In May 2015, he was released by Fleetwood and signed for Football League Two side Accrington Stanley on a one-year deal. He made his professional debut in August 2015 in the 1–1 draw with Luton Town. He scored his first goal for the club in a 3–2 win at Cambridge United on 21 November 2015.
- As of match played 19 April 2019
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|FC United of Manchester||2013–14||NPL Premier Division||27||4||1||0||—||4[a]||0||32||4|
|FC United of Manchester (loan)||2013–14||NPL Premier Division||13||1||—||—||—||13||1|
|Fleetwood Town||2014–15||League One||0||0||—||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Alfreton Town (loan)||2014–15||Conference Premier||9||0||2||0||—||—||11||0|
|Lincoln City (loan)||2014–15||Conference Premier||1||0||—||—||—||1||0|
|Southport (loan)||2014–15||Conference Premier||9||0||—||—||—||9||0|
|Accrington Stanley||2015–16||League Two||32||1||2||0||1||0||4[b]||0||38||1|
|Coventry City||2017–18||League Two||21||0||3||0||0||0||1[c]||0||25||0|
- "The Football League Retained List". The Football League. 12 June 2015. Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Tom Davies". 11v11. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "FOOTBALLER INTERVIEW". GP Football. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Dreams can come true: FC United defender finally makes grade... nine years after Old Trafford rejection". Mancunian Matters. 26 March 2014. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Fleetwood Town: Tom Davies joins from FC United of Manchester". BBC Sport. 11 March 2015. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Games played by Tom Davies – FC United". FC United. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Tom Davies: Alfreton Town sign Fleetwood defender on loan". BBC Sport. 17 October 2014. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Fleetwood duo extend loans". Sky Sports. 7 November 2014. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Tom Davies signs one-month loan deal at Lincoln City from Fleetwood Town". Lincolnshire Echo. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Games played by Tom Davies – Soccerway". Soccerway. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Southport loan defender Tom Davies from Fleetwood Town". BBC Sport. 5 March 2015. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Games played by Tom Davies in 2015/2016". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- "New boy Tom Davies determined to take Accrington Stanley chance". Lancashire Telegraph. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Cambridge 2–3 Accrington". BBC Sport. 21 November 2015. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Sky Blues sign defender Tom Davies from Portsmouth". Coventry City F.C. 31 August 2017.
- "Games played by Tom Davies in 2016/2017". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- "Games played by Tom Davies in 2017/2018". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- "Games played by Tom Davies in 2018/2019". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- Tom Davies at Soccerbase