|Date of birth:||May 24, 1968|
|Place of birth:||Detroit, Michigan|
|Height:||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Weight:||290 lb (132 kg)|
|High school:||Divine Child High School, Dearborn, Michigan|
|NFL Draft:||1991 / Round: 8 / Pick: 218|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Thomas Edward Dohring (born May 24, 1968) is a former American football player. He played college football for the University of Michigan from 1987 to 1990 and professional football for the Kansas City Chiefs in 1992.
University of Michigan
Dohring played college football as an offensive tackle at the University of Michigan from 1987 to 1990. Dohring started 34 consecutive games for Michigan during those years. He helped lead the 1990 Michigan Wolverines football team to a Big Ten Conference championship and a victory over Ole Miss in the 1991 Gator Bowl. First-year head coach Gary Moeller praised the work of Dorhing and the other offensive linemen for the 1990 team: "It's nice to have the running backs we do, but when you're running behind Tom Dohring, Joe Cocozzo, Matt Elliott and Greg Skrepenak, it's a big help." Dohring was selected by the conference coaches as a member of the first-team All-Big Ten offensive unit at the end of November 1990.
Kansas City Chiefs
Dohring was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the eighth round (218th overall pick) in the 1991 NFL Draft. After suffering a sprained ankle in August 1991, Dohring spent the 1991 NFL season on the injured reserve list. He sustained another ankle injury in August 1992 and spent most of the 1992 NFL season on the Chiefs' practice squad. He was activated in late November 1992 to replace running back Bill Jones who was released. He made his NFL debut as the Chiefs' right tackle on December 6, 1992, in a loss to the Los Angeles Raiders. Dohring was deactivated in early January 1993 to make room on the roster for Albert Lewis. He was released by the Chiefs in late August 1993.
- "Tom Dohring". pro-football-reference.com.
- "University of Michigan All-time Rosters Search Page". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library.(Enter Dohring as the last name on the search page, and press enter)
- Kent Pulliam (April 21, 1991). "New Chiefs". Kansas City Star.
- "Moeller, Michigan lay it on the line". Chicago Sun-Times. November 11, 1990.
- "Michigan, Iowa tops in balloting". The Argus Press (AP story). November 27, 1990.
- "Chiefs Acquire Tampa Bay LB, Waive Pelluer". Wichita Eagle. August 28, 1991.
- "Chiefs report". Kansas City Star. August 22, 1993.
- "Chiefs notebook". Kansas City Star. November 22, 1992.
- Randy Covitz (December 7, 1992). "Strategy to run shows few gains Paltry 17 yards is second-lowest output in franchise history". Kansas City Star.
- "Chiefs notebook". Kansas City Star. January 2, 1993.