|Born||17 November 1972|
Cape Town, South Africa
|Occupation||Author, Software Developer|
He went to school in Johannesburg and Stellenbosch, and studied at the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Cape Town. He is also an alumnus of the International Writing Program at the University of Iowa.
He made his writing debut in the poetry anthology Nuwe Stemme (Tafelberg Publishers, 1997) and a number of his poems were subsequently included in the anthology Afrikaanse Poësie in ‘n Duisend en Enkele Gedigte (1999), compiled by Gerrit Komrij.
Dreyer is better known for his prose work, and he has been awarded or shortlisted for significant South African literary awards. He has been writer-in-residence at universities and institutes across the world.
- Erdvarkfontein, Tafelberg Publishers (1998)
- Stinkfrikaners, Tafelberg Publishers(2000)
- Equatoria, Tafelberg Publishers (2006)
- Dorado, Penguin Random House (2016)
- The Long Wave, Penguin Random House (2016)
- Polaroid, Tafelberg Publishers(2007)
- 1998 M-Net Bursary 
- 2001 Eugène Marais Prize for Stinkafrikaners
- 2007 Equatoria shortlisted for the M-Net Literary Prize
- 2017 Dorado shortlisted for the University of Johannesburg Fiction Prize (Afrikaans)
- 2017 The Long Wave longlisted for the Sunday Times Literary Awards Fiction Prize
- "Tom Dreyer: Biographical info". NB Publishers. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Tom Dreyer". iwp.uiowa.edu. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Tom Dreyer". stellenboschwriters.com. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Akademiepryse 1909" (PDF) (in Afrikaans). akademie.co.za. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Tom Dreyer - Bio". tomdreyer.wordpress.com. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Izak de Vries - Kom slag n bees". joanhambidge.blogspot.co.za. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Book awards: M-Net Book Prize Short List". librarything.com. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Book awards: UJ-prize shortlist". maroelamedia.co.za. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "Book awards: Barry Ronge Fiction Prize shortlist". bookslive.co.za. Retrieved 5 June 2016.