Felton at the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 in November 2010
|Born||Thomas Andrew Felton
22 September 1987
Epsom, Surrey, England
Thomas Andrew "Tom" Felton (born 22 September 1987) is an English actor. He is best known for playing the role of Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter film series, the film adaptations of the best-selling Harry Potter novels by author J.K. Rowling, for which he auditioned at age 12.
Felton began appearing in commercials when he was 8 years old and in films at 10, finding work in The Borrowers and Anna and the King. After being cast as Draco Malfoy he subsequently appeared in all eight Harry Potter films, from 2001 to 2011. Felton's portrayal of Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 won him the MTV Movie Award for Best Villain in 2010 and 2011.
Felton was born in Epsom, the son of Sharon and Peter Felton. He was educated at West Horsley's Cranmore School, until the age of thirteen. Felton is a singer and was part of a choir at the age of seven. He was a member of four school choirs and was given the chance to be part of the Guildford Cathedral Choir. Felton is the youngest of four sons.
Felton began acting in adverts for companies such as Commercial Union and Barclaycard. In 1995, he performed the voice of James in the television series Bugs and landed his first feature film role in 1997 when he played the part of Peagreen Clock in Peter Hewitt's film The Borrowers. Felton played witness Thomas Ingham opposite Clive Owen in Second Sight in 1999. Felton's role of Louis T. Leonowens in the film Anna and the King, starring Jodie Foster, was also filmed in 1999 in Malaysia. Felton made an appearance in the episode "Hide and Seek" of Second Sight 2 followed in 2000. The Guildford Cathedral Choir also offered him a position.
By autumn 2001, Felton had become known internationally for his portrayal of Draco Malfoy, the bully, enemy and foil of Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. He appeared in all of the Harry Potter films. Before landing the part of Malfoy, Felton had auditioned to play Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. Of the four young actors who succeeded in getting the main roles, Felton had the most extensive film experience. Thereafter Felton's schedule began to fill with the work of filming the first four films, premieres, and contributing to articles and interviews. He also received the Disney Channel's Kids Awards for Best DVD Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on 22 September 2003. Felton started his Official Tom Felton Fan Club in 2004 and took part in autograph signing events. His fan club was reported to have attracted so many fans that Felton had to put a temporary stop to people signing up to his fan club. The autographing session in Germany drew people from Chile and one fan in Cologne summarised: "Tom is a real nice, professional young man, always happy, smiling, laughing, full of power — a real gentleman." When the fan asked Felton what kids should do if someone like his character is bullying them, he said: "Tell someone. You do not want to keep it to yourself."
After filming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Felton made a guest appearance on Home Farm Twins in 2005, where he played Adam Baker in the short-lived series. He attended Collectormania on 30 April 2005 and London's world premiere for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. On 11 November 2005, he and Rupert Grint presented Liz Carnell with the Daily Mirror's Pride of Britain Award for all of her work to raise awareness of the dangers of bullying. Felton worked on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix throughout 2006. Having read more of the Harry Potter books, Felton reflected: "I have had input into Draco. If they give me a line and I do not think it is something he would say, I suggest changing it. They do listen to you and you do feel a part of it."
In July 2007, Felton visited Children's Hospital in Denver, Colorado in a pre-screening charitable event of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. He was also present at Leicester Square for the premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on 3 July 2007.
On 12 November 2008, Felton appeared alongside Jack Osbourne on Adrenaline Junkie as he participated in various challenges in South African, including a 200ft bungee jump on Bloukrans Bridge, took a ride in a helicopter, followed by a parachute freefall and came face-to-face with Great White sharks.
Felton also appeared in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the sixth film of the series. When asked whether he was looking forward to playing a good guy in the future he answered: "No. Well, I don't know. I suppose for now I'm happy with sticking to what he is. But after the Potter legacy is over I look forward to playing a good guy, or someone different anyway; someone not so spiteful." Felton also played the character Simon in the 2009 horror/thriller movie The Disappeared.
Felton posted three music videos on YouTube under an account called "Feltbeats", in which he performs fragments of original songs. Nine songs have been re-recorded and are now available on iTunes: "Time Well Spent," "Time Isn't Healing", "One of These Days", "Under Stars," "Right Place, Right Time," "In My Arms," "All I Need," and "I Will Be There" join the instrumental "Silhouettes in Sunsets." He also recorded an album titled In Good Hands. It includes the six songs "If You Could Be Anywhere", "We Belong", "When Angels Come", "Convinced", "Father of Mine", and "If That's Alright with You".
In 2010, Felton released his original song "Hawaii" on Six String Productions – an independent record label run by Felton, David Proffitt and Philip Haydn-Slater promoting creative independence and ownership of artists' material and musical talent.
In November 2010 the film White Other, which Tom played the main character, Ray Marsden, was released. Tom's character Ray is a troubled youth in the "ends" of England and Imelda Staunton, who played Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, also makes an appearance as one of the other main roles in the film.
Felton had a cameo role in Get Him to the Greek, released on 4 June 2010. In February 2010, he was cast in the thriller film The Apparition. Felton portrays the human character Dodge Landon in the 2011 science-fiction film Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
On 18 March 2011, Felton appeared in a comedy sketch on Red Nose Day 2011 alongside James Corden, Rupert Grint, George Michael, Justin Bieber, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Gordon Brown MP, Professor Robert Winston and Keira Knightley.
In 2003, Felton and his brother Chris worked with Joe Babbitt, the St. Lawrence County Angler's Association, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Region 6, the Chamber of Commerce, and a diverse group of other organisations to form the World Junior Carp Tournament, which involves competitive fishing for ages 11 to 18.
In early 2015, Felton posted an Instagram photo of himself and Jade Olivia, writing, "To the girl that has my heart. Happy 7 year anniversary." Felton and Olivia have been together since February 2008; they met when filming the Harry Potter series, as Jade was an assistant. 
|1998||Bugs||James||1 episode (Pandoras' Box)|
|1999||Second Sight||Thomas Ingham||TV film|
|2000||Second Sight 2: Hide and Seek|
|2005||Home Farm Twins||Adam Baker|
|Full Circle||Tim||TV miniseries|
|2014||Murder in the First||Erich Blunt||Series Regular|
|2015||Tom Felton Meets The Superfans||Interviewer||Directorial debut|
- Time Well Spent (2008)
- All I Need (2008)
- In Good Hands (2009)
- Hawaii (2011)
- "Silhouettes in Sunsets" (2008)
- "If You Could Be Anywhere" (2010)
- "Warner Bros. Official site". (Flash: click appropriate actor's image, click "Actor Bio"). harrypotter.warnerbros.co.uk. Retrieved 5 August 2007.
- "Wicked! Harry Potter's rival is not such a bad boy at home". Archived from the original on 30 July 2007. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Prepare for Potter magic! from The Mail on Sunday. Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- "Video interview with Tom Felton". 2006 World Junior yum Championship. 12 August 2006. Retrieved 13 July 2007.
- "Tom Felton penciled in for 'Half-Blood Prince'". from Harry Potter Fan Zone. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Contributor, Guest. "www.fishing.co.uk". www.fishing.co.uk. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "'Harry Potter' Villain Helps Bring on the 'Rise of the Apes'". Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- The Wireless Wizarding Network-Profile of Tom Felton. Retrieved on 7 June 2012
- Azkaban Exclusives: Draco Malfoy from CBBC. Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from Yahoo! Movies. Retrieved on 3 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from Flixster. Retrieved on 3 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from movies.msn.com. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from Veritaserum. Retrieved on 3 August 2007.
- "Meet Tom Felton, actor" from Time For Kids. Retrieved on 4 August 2007. Archived 8 February 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- The Potter Kids: Day 3[dead link] from The Sun. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Update: Emma Watson and Tom Felton accept Disney Channel Kids Award for 'Chamber of Secrets' Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Tom Felton fan club launch from CBBC Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- Tom Felton to start official fan club Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Felton fans in a fan club frenzy from CBBC. Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- Reports on Tom Felton's recent fan-signing event Popular from HPANA Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from MuggleNet. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Tom Felton to appear at Collectormania in UK from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Meet your favourite cult TV stars for free at Britain's premiere comic fair from BBC News. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- GOF London World Premiere Report from MuggleNet. Retrieved on 5 August 2007.
- Grint & Felton present award for anti-bullying Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- The Pride of Britain Award: Special Award: LIZ CARNELL from the Daily Mirror. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- 'Potter' actors attend charitable event in Denver Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 5 August 2007.
- Stars out for Potter première from BBC News. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- European Premiere of 'Harry Potter'[dead link] from Fox News Channel. Retrieved on 5 August 2007.
- "Tom Felton Going from Potter Franchise to Planet of the Apes". Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- Tom Felton Talks About Reading, Collecting, and Being Draco from Scholastic Corporation. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- The disappeared movie from The New York Times.
-  from SixString Website.
- "White Other official website". Whiteother.com. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Tom Felton cameo with Jonah Hill". Snitchseeker.com. 30 December 2010. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "Harry Potter Star Tom Felton to Wave His Wand at The Apparition". Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "Video: Tom Felton’s sketch for Comic Relief – Red Nose Day and Trendic Topic". Feltbeats.com. 20 May 2008. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- Tom Felton in NY for Carp Tournament Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Lawrence lands World Junior Carp Tournament from CNY Business Journal, archived at "findarticles.com." Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- "To the girl that has my ...". Tom Felton Instagram account. Retrieved June 23, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tom Felton.|
- Official website
- Six String Productions
- Tom Felton at the Internet Movie Database
- on 's channelYouTube