19 March 1940 |
Tom Michael Fenchel (born 19 March 1940 in Copenhagen) is a Danish marine ecologist and professor first at the University of Aarhus, later at the University of Copenhagen. He is a highly cited scientist and known for, among other things, Fenchel's Law.
Awards and honours
He is a foreign member of the Royal Society and a reviewing editor of the scientific journal Science. He was the 1986 recipient of the ECI Prize of ecology and wrote the book  in the ECI Prize laureate series Excellence in Ecology. He served as president 2004-2008 of the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters (he has been a member since 1976). In 2006 he was awarded the A.C. Redfield Lifetime Achievement Award by the American Society of Limnology and Oceanography.
- ISI Highly Cited[dead link]
- Science Editorial Board Archived August 7, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Ecology - Potentials and Limitations (1987) Full text
- "Gruppe 5: Biologi" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. Retrieved 7 October 2010.
- "Newly elected foreign associates". National Academy of Sciences. Archived from the original on May 7, 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- IPNI. Fenchel.