Thomas Andrew Franco
April 14, 1980
Palo Alto, California, U.S.
|Education||University of California, Santa Cruz|
(m. 2014; died 2014)
|Relatives||James Franco (brother)|
Dave Franco (brother)
Thomas Andrew Franco (born April 14, 1980) is an American actor, artist and the founder of the Firehouse Art Collective in Berkeley, California. He is the brother of actors James Franco and Dave Franco.
Early life and education
Franco was born in Palo Alto, California. His mother, Betsy Lou (née Verne), is a writer and occasional actor. His father, Douglas Eugene Franco (d. 2011), ran a Silicon Valley business, and was a "philanthropic entrepreneur". Franco's father was of Portuguese (Madeiran) and Swedish descent. Franco's mother is from a family of Russian Jewish ancestry; her parents had changed the surname from "Verovitz" to "Verne". Franco is the middle child of three brothers; the older is actor, director, writer, and artist James Franco and the younger is actor Dave Franco. They were raised in Palo Alto.
Franco is a graduate of Palo Alto High School, class of 1998. He graduated in 2002 from University of California, Santa Cruz majoring in fine art, then attended California College of the Arts in Oakland, California, majoring in ceramics.
Franco's first wife, Julia Lazar Franco (1957–2014), worked closely with him. Her death was a result of liver failure (brought on by hepatitis C and liver cancer) and kidney trouble. The two were married in a hospital solarium about a month before her death. In 2015, Franco married Iris Torres.
- "Meet Tom Franco: The Franco brother you (probably) never knew about". News.com.au. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "Alumnus Tom Franco brings his collaborative art culture to UC Santa Cruz". University of California, Santa Cruz. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "My Day With the Franco Brothers". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- Finn, Natalie (October 4, 2011). "James Franco's Father Dies at 63". E! Online. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- Who's who of emerging leaders in America. Marquis Who's Who Inc. 1991. ISBN 0-8379-7202-7.
- Fletcher, Ethan (21 September 2012). "Tom Franco : Renaissance man sparks life into the East Bay art scene". Diablo Magazine. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "James Franco", Inside the Actors Studio, December 7, 2010.
- "Dave Franco and Conan O'Brien Discuss Shalom Life's JILF List". ShalomLife.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- "Tom Franco". MISSION CLAY. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- "James Franco Joined by His 2 Brothers in 'The Disaster Artist'". TheWrap. 2016-01-25. Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- "Julia Lazar Franco (1957–2014)". FindAGrave.com. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- Shensa, Jonathan (3 August 2014). "Help Save The Life of Bay Area Artist Julia Lazar-Franco". The Outsider's Guide to the Inside of Hollywood. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "Firehouse Art Collective". Facebook. 7 November 2014. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|