Tom French (poet)
Tom French (born 1966 Kilkenny) is an Irish poet.
He lives with his family close to the coast of County Meath, where he earns his living in the County library service.
He received bursaries in literature from An Chomhairle Ealaíon/The Arts Council, Ireland in 1999 and 2009. His work has appeared in numerous national and international publications.
- Ted McNulty prize
- 2002 Forward Poetry Prize Best First Collection
- 2015 The Dermot Healy International Poetry Prize
- 2016 Lawrence O’Shaughnessy Award for Poetry
- Touching the Bones. Gallery Press. 2001.
- The Fire Step. Gallery Press. 2009.
- The Night Ahead. Smithereens Press. 2013.
- Midnightstown. Gallery Press. 2014.
- Taking the Oath. Smithereens Press. 2015.
- The Way to Work. Gallery Press. 2016.
- Author Page, Gallery Press
- The Night Ahead, echapbook from Smithereens Press
- Taking the Oath, echapbook from Smithereens Press
- Review of Midnightstown, Irish Times
- Lawrence O’Shaughnessy Award for Poetry
- "Raw and Rural", The Poetry Society
- "Over The Edge Celebrates Sixth Birthday with Reading by Tom French"
- Selina Guinness, ed. (2004). The new Irish poets. Bloodaxe. ISBN 978-1-85224-673-0.