Tom Glover (soccer)
|Full name||Thomas William Glover|
|Date of birth||24 December 1997|
|Place of birth||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2017–2018||→ Central Coast Mariners (loan)||4||(0)|
|2019||→ Helsingborg (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 March 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 26 January 2020
Born in Sydney, Glover attended Menai High School in the Sutherland suburb of the city and previously played for the Sutherland Sharks youth teams. He was also a keen basketball player at school. In 2014, Glover moved to London to join Tottenham Hotspur.
Glover joined Tottenham's Academy full-time in the summer of 2014, he started 16 times for the Under-18s in the 2014/15 season and impressively produced a string of penalty saves throughout the season. He stepped up to make his Under-21s debut in a 2–1 defeat at Liverpool in October, 2014, and played twice in Tottenham's run to the FA Youth Cup semi-finals.
In 2015–16, he made 11 league appearances for the Under-21s, in addition to four appearances in the Premier League Under-21 International Cup. As a result of many impressive performances he signed a new contract with the Club in December, 2015, and was also part of the first team squad on matchdays on a handful of occasions, serving as back-up to Hugo Lloris and Michel Vorm.
On 26 July 2017, Glover joined Central Coast Mariners on a season-long loan. He then went on to make his senior debut for the Mariners on 7 October 2017 in round one of the 2017–18 A-League season, a loss to Newcastle Jets in the F3 Derby.
At the end of the 2018–19 season Glover was released from his contract.
- As of 5 January 2020
|Tottenham Hotspur||2017–18||Premier League||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Central Coast Mariners (loan)||2017–18||A-League||4||0||0||0||0||0||4||0|
- "Updated squads for 2017/18 Premier League confirmed". Premier League. 2 February 2018. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "Thomas Glover - Official Player Profile, News, Stats, Video - tottenhamhotspur.com". www.tottenhamhotspur.com. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Tottenham youngster Tom Glover joins Central Coast on one-year loan". espn.co.uk. ESPN. 26 July 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- May, Brayden (7 October 2017). "Player Ratings: Central Coast Mariners 1 Newcastle Jets 5 – An attacking quartet to fear". Daily Football Show. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- Hardie, David (11 January 2019). "Al-Wasl 0, Hibs 1: Florian Kamberi on target but Ryan Gauld denied debut in Dubai". Edinburgh Evening News. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Tottenham loan Tom Glover to Helsingborgs". BeSoccer. 3 April 2019.
- "Player update". Tottenham Hotspur F.C. 7 June 2019. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- Windom, Jacob (6 August 2019). "Signing news: City swoop for ex-Tottenham youth Glover". A League. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- Encarnacion, Matt (16 December 2019). "Former Spurs keeper holds AL keys to City". The Newcastle Herald. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- Tom Glover at Soccerway