Tom Jolly (game designer)
Tom Jolly's games include Wiz-War, Drakon, Cavetroll, Light Speed, Camelot, Cargo, and he co-designed DiskWars and Vortex/Maelstrom. Additional games he has designed include Gootmu, Knots, WayWord, and Got It!. The publisher of Wiz-War, Chessex, printed the fourth through the 7th editions of Wiz-War.The seventh edition, came out in 1997. The eighth edition was released by publisher Fantasy Flight Games in 2012. The first expansion set, Malefic Curses, came out in January 2014.
After Fantasy Flight Games published Jolly's DiskWars game in 1998, it was mashed up with Alderac Entertainment Group's Rokugan setting to produce DiskWars: Legend of the Five Rings (2000), and with Pinnacle Entertainment Group's Deadlands to produce Doom Town Rang Wars (2000). In January 2014, Diskwars was yet again revived in the form of Warhammer:Diskwars, combining Diskwars mechanics with the Warhammer fantasy world.
Tom Jolly has also written several short SF and Fantasy stories published by a variety of on-line and paper magazines. He has also designed over 40 puzzles, produced by a number of companies and woodcrafters around the world.
Jolly lives in California with his wife, and works as an electrical engineer.
- Jolly, Tom (2007). "Citadels". In Lowder, James (ed.). Hobby Games: The 100 Best. Green Ronin Publishing. pp. 58–61. ISBN 978-1-932442-96-0.
- Notice of 7th edition printing
- FFG 8th Edition Announcement
- Malefic Curses Announcement
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. p. 345. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- "Tom Jolly Autobiography". www.silcom.com. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This board game-related article or section is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|