Thomas H. "Tom" Killion (born 1957) is an American politician currently serving as a Republican member of the Pennsylvania State Senate for the 9th Senatorial District. He previously served as a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives for the 168th district from 2003 to 2016.
|Member of the Pennsylvania Senate|
from the 9th district
|Assumed office |
May 11, 2016
|Preceded by||Dominic F. Pileggi|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives|
from the 168th district
June 30, 2003 – May 11, 2016
|Preceded by||Matt Ryan|
|Succeeded by||Christopher B. Quinn|
|Born||1957 (age 61–62)|
|Residence||Middletown Township, Delaware County|
|Alma mater||Pennsylvania State University|
Early life and education
Killion served as a fraud investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue and later founded his own pension advisory firm, InR Advisors. In 1990, he became the campaign chairman for Rep. Curt Weldon and worked in that capacity through 2003.
He was elected as a member of Delaware County Council in 1991 and served from 1992 to 2000 including as Chairman.
Killion was elected to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives for the 168th district in 2003. He defeated William Thomas in a special election to succeed former Pennsylvania House Speaker Rep. Matt Ryan, who died of leukemia earlier that year. He was re-elected to six consecutive terms until his resignation on May 10, 2016.
Killion announced plans to run for Lieutenant Governor on December 4, 2009. He ended his campaign for that position on January 8, 2010, and announced plans to once again run for the State House in 2010.
Killion has served on multiple boards including for the Children and Adult Disability and Educational Services (CADES), SEPTA, VisitPhilly, the Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry, Southeastern PA Chamber of Commerce and the Southeastern PA Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Killion lives in Middletown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania with his wife and daughters. He is a member of the St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Chester Heights, Pennsylvania.
- "THOMAS H. KILLION". www.legis.state.pa.us. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "State Representative Tom Killion Selected as the Nominee for the 9th Senatorial District Special Election". www.pagop.org. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Pennsylvania Special Election Results". Pennsylvania Secretary of State. 2003-06-17. Retrieved 2008-11-06.
- "Ex-councilman elected to 168th District seat". The Philadelphia Inquirer. 2003-06-18.
- "Thomas Killion". www.ballotpedia.org. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Biography". www.senatorkillion.com. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives|
| Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives for the 168th District
Christopher B. Quinn