A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thomas A. Kraeutler
|Alma mater||Trenton State College |
University of Copenhagen
|Occupation||Talk radio host |
|Known for||Home improvement |
Kraeutler co-hosts (with Leslie Segrete) the nationally syndicated The Money Pit Home Improvement Radio Show broadcast on more than 335 stations every weekend, reaching an audience of more than 3 million listeners. His home improvement tips are also broadcast across 350 radio stations weekdays during morning drive time. Talkers Magazine named Kraeutler one of the “100 Most Important Radio Talk Show Hosts in America.” He also publishes a weekly home improvement newsletter and podcasts the national radio program. The podcast of the show usually ranks at the top of the home improvement listings on iTunes.
Kraeutler frequently contributes content to sites like Oprah.com, AOL Daily Finance, and DIYLife.com. He has also served as the Home Improvement Editor for AOL, providing the site with a wide variety of multimedia content. His book, My Home, My Money Pit (co-authored with Segrete) was published by the Knack imprint of The Globe Pequot Press in 2008.
Kraeutler appears frequently on a wide range of network news and daytime television programs. He is often quoted as a home-improvement expert in major publications like the New York Times, USA Today and CNN.
Kraeutler has more than two decades of experience as a professional home inspector, former building contractor and industrial arts educator. He was appointed by former New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman to the state's first regulatory authority for the licensing of professional home inspectors, which he chaired for several years.
- Klettke, Russ. "An On-Air Construction Education". American Builders Quarterly. Guerrero Howe, LLC. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- Kraeutler, Tom. "5 Mistakes Every Homeowner Makes". Oprah.com. Harpo, Inc. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Tom Kraeutler, Home Improvement Expert". Oprah.com. Harpo, Inc. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Tom Kraeutler, Writer". Daily Finance.com. AOL. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- Kraeutler, Tom. "AOL Names Tom Kraeutler First Home Improvement Editor". Building Online. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Amy Gunderson (March 28, 2007). "Closing Up for the Summer". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- "Living/Travel Briefs: Sunday, August 17, 2008". The Oklahoman. August 17, 2008. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- Kraeutler, Tom. "The hidden dangers in your home". Fox Business. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Kraeutler, Tom. "The top trends for kitchen and bath remodeling". Fox Business. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Kraeutler, Tom. "Should home owners repair or replace appliances?". Fox Business. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Kraeutler, Tom. "Sprinkler Systems: Watering Made Easy". New York Times. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Kraeutler, Tom. "Reading Smoke Signals". New York Times. New York Times. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Tuning Up Your Furnace". New York Times. October 28, 2007. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- "Making Accidents Less Likely to Happen". New York Times. June 3, 2007. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- "Home improvement: Tom Kraeutler and Mary Barretta". USA Today. January 21, 2005. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- Morris, Valerie; Anchor, Fn (June 18, 2004). "Theft-proof your home". CNNMoney.com. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- "House Beautiful Specials Names How-To Hosts as Columnists". News Blaze. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- Kraeutler, Thomas. "Home Inspection Advisory Committee Minutes of February 11, 2003". New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs. State of New Jersey. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- Tom Kraeutler; Leslie Segrete (2008). My Home, My Money Pit: Your Guide to Every Home Improvement Adventure. Knack. ISBN 1-59921-287-0.