Mason in Plan 9 from Outer Space
|Born||Thomas Robert Mason
April 29, 1920
|Died||December 1, 1980
Orange, California, USA
|Occupation||Chiropractor, actor, film producer|
Best known as the stand-in for the recently deceased Bela Lugosi in Wood's movie Plan 9 from Outer Space, Mason, who was taller than and bore little physical resemblance to Lugosi, hunched over and held a cape over his face in all of his scenes. Mason appeared in and helped to produce several of Wood's other movies, including Night of the Ghouls and Final Curtain, after which his career in showbiz ended. He died in 1980.
- Peary, Danny (1981). Cult Movies. New York: Delacorte Press. pp. pages 266–270. ISBN 0-440-01626-6.
- Rhodes, Gary Don (1997). Lugosi: His Life In Films, On Stage, and In the Hearts of Horror Lovers. McFarland. p. 145. ISBN 0-7864-0257-1.
- Vinciguerra, Thomas (2006-06-04). "IDEAS & TRENDS; When the Acting Is a Little Stiff, What's a Director to Do?". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-11-04.
- "Ned Bellamy Biography ((?)-)". filmreference.com. Retrieved 2009-11-04.
- "Cast". vampirathemovie.com. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|