Tom Mendoza, 2012
|Born||Thomas F. Mendoza
November 21, 1950
|Residence||New York City|
|Alma mater||Notre Dame|
|Occupation||Vice Chairman NetApp|
|Board member of||ServiceSource|
Tom Mendoza (born November 21, 1950) is an American business executive and public speaker. He is the Vice Chairman of NetApp.
Mendoza joined NetApp in 1994 as Vice President of North America sales. He served as its President from 2000 until 2008, when he was promoted to Vice Chairman.
Mendoza helped establish the culture that allowed NetApp to be ranked #1 in Fortune Magazine’s "100 Best Companies To Work For" in 2009. In 2012, in addition to again being named one of the Best Companies to work for in America, NetApp was named #3 Best Multinational company to work for.
In 2009, Mendoza and the NetApp CEO, Dan Warmenhoven, were the co-recipients of the Morgan Stanley Leadership Award for Global Commerce—the first time the award and been co-presented to two individuals.
Mendoza has served in an advisory capacity on the board of directors of NetScreen (acquired by Juniper Networks), Rhapsody Networks (acquired by Brocade Communications Systems), and formerly served on the board of Infoblox. In 2011 Mendoza was appointed to the ServiceSource board of directors. As an NFL and University of Notre Dame football fan, Mendoza also serves on the Justin Tuck RUSH Foundation for Children's Literacy.
Mendoza is a frequent speaker on corporate culture and leadership. He is a regular guest speaker at the University of Notre Dame and Stanford University. In addition, he has presented to the cadets of United States Military Academy and the United States Marine Corps in Quantico, Virginia.
Mendoza is active with the Pat Tillman Speaker Foundation and St. Baldricks Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research. In 2011, NetApp's participation generated more than US$1 Million in donations for St. Baldricks.
Mendoza holds a BA in Economics from Notre Dame, and is an alumnus of Stanford's Executive Business Program. He is a guest lecturer at both institutions. In September 2000, the Notre Dame renamed their business school the Mendoza College of Business, after an endowment from Tom and Kathy Mendoza.
- Tom Mendoza on Twitter
- Tom Mendoza Contributor Profile on Forbes.com
- Tom Mendoza: Toward a Culture of Respect
- How to be a Great Leader Tom Mendoza Video on YouTube
- On Leadership and West Point Interview at West Point on YouTube
- Our History Mendoza College of Business University of Notre Dame
- Wall Street Journal Interview with Tom Mendoza
- Leadership in Technology
- Foresight in Business and Society
- Tom Mendoza Risk Takers
- Tom Mendoza The Power of Corporate Culture
- Why Tomorrow's Business Must Be A Great Place To Work
- Tom Mendoza on Forbes – 6 Ways to Embrace Change
- Tom Mendoza on Fox Business – How Technology and Data are changing Sports
- Safari Books Tom Mendoza's Lessons on Public Speaking
- Tom Mendoza on Businessweek – Climbing the Ladder
- "Tom Mendoza". Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "NetApp Best Company to Work For". Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "NetApp #3 Best Multinational to Work For". Retrieved 2012-11-05.
- "2009 Morgan Stanley Leadership Award". Retrieved 2009.
- "Tom Mendoza Appointed to ServiceSource Board of Directores". Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- "Tom Mendoza speaks at Tillman Leadership Summit". Retrieved 2010.
- "NetApps involvement with St Baldricks Fund Raising". Retrieved 2011.
- "Mendoza Donation to Notre Dame". Retrieved 2000-04-13. Check date values in: