Tom Morgan (musician)
|Birth name||Thomas Martin Morgan|
|Born||3 March 1970|
|Origin||Maitland, New South Wales, Australia|
|Genres||Indie pop, power pop, psychedelic pop|
|Instruments||Bass guitar, guitar, vocals|
Thomas Martin "Tom" Morgan (born 3 March 1970) is an Australian musician and songwriter. He fronted the 1990s indie pop group, Smudge (1991–present). He has written or co-written (with Evan Dando) songs for Boston power pop group, the Lemonheads. Morgan's other bands include Sneeze (1993–2006, 2009-present), The Givegoods, Godstar (1991–95), Tofu Kok and Bambino Koresh (ca. 2012). He married Argentine-Spanish musician, Leticia Nischang (Sneeze, Bambino Koresh). As of September 2010, Morgan and Nischang were living in Maitland.
On 4 March 2013 Morgan issued his solo album, Orange Syringe, with Nischang providing backing vocals. Colleen Walsh-Jervis of Surviving the Golden Age felt that "Because of all of his previous work, I went into this album expecting good things. Unfortunately, I wasn't blown away. The lyrics are alright, nothing mind-blowing, and the vocals are pretty rough. There are a couple of good songs, but one makes me physically cringe each time it begins."
- Orange Syringe (4 March 2013) Fire Records (FIRECD292, FV292LP)
- "Lemonheads' tour rocks like it's 1992", Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 14 January 2012.
- McFarlane, Ian (1999). "Encyclopedia entry for 'Smudge'". Encyclopedia of Australian Rock and Pop. St Leonards, NSW: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86508-072-1. Archived from the original on 15 June 2004. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Ben Hewitt, "Misfits & Mongrels: Smudge's Tom Morgan Interviewed", The Quietus, 25 August 2010.
- Familton, Chris (12 June 2012). "Bambino Koresh Leticia Nischang Immigration Songs". theMusic.com.au. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Levin, Darren (29 September 2010). "Smudge: 'There's no Pressure on Us'". Mess+Noise. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Walsh-Jervis, Colleen (7 February 2013). "Tom Morgan: Orange Syringe". Surviving the Golden Age. Retrieved 21 July 2016.