Tom Morgan (musician)
|Birth name||Thomas Martin Morgan|
|Born||3 March 1970|
|Origin||Maitland, New South Wales, Australia|
|Genres||Indie pop, power pop, psychedelic pop|
|Instruments||Guitar, Vocals, Bass guitar,|
|Labels||Fire, Half A Cow|
Thomas Martin "Tom" Morgan (born 3 March 1970) is an Australian musician and songwriter. He fronts the 1990s indie pop group, Smudge (1991–present). He has written or co-written (with Evan Dando) songs for Boston power pop group, the Lemonheads. Morgan's other bands include Sneeze (1991–present), The Givegoods, Godstar (1991–95), Tofu Kok and Bambino Koresh (ca. 2012). He married Argentine-Spanish musician, Leticia Nischang (Sneeze, Bambino Koresh). As of September 2010, Morgan and Nischang were living in Maitland.
On 4 March 2013 Morgan issued his solo album, Orange Syringe, with Nischang providing backing vocals.
- Orange Syringe (4 March 2013) Fire Records (FIRECD292, FV292LP)
- "Lemonheads' tour rocks like it's 1992", Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 14 January 2012.
- McFarlane, Ian (1999). "Encyclopedia entry for 'Smudge'". Encyclopedia of Australian Rock and Pop. St Leonards, NSW: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86508-072-1. Archived from the original on 15 June 2004. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Ben Hewitt, "Misfits & Mongrels: Smudge's Tom Morgan Interviewed", The Quietus, 25 August 2010.
- Familton, Chris (12 June 2012). "Bambino Koresh Leticia Nischang Immigration Songs". theMusic.com.au. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Levin, Darren (29 September 2010). "Smudge: 'There's no Pressure on Us'". Mess+Noise. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Walsh-Jervis, Colleen (7 February 2013). "Tom Morgan: Orange Syringe". Surviving the Golden Age. Retrieved 21 July 2016.