Tom Nelson (American football)
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||December 4, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Hoffman Estates, Illinois|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||John Hersey High School|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Tom Nelson (born December 4, 1986) is an American football Wide Receiver and former free safety who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent in 2009. In 2011, he played for the Philadelphia Eagles, in 2013, played for the Chicago Bears, and in 2014, played for the Carolina Panthers. He played college football at Illinois State. He recently in 2015 was signed and cut by the Ravens pre-season roster. Tom now owns a football camp and training for people of all ages.
Nelson grew up in Arlington Heights, Illinois and attended John Hersey High School, Thomas Middle School, and Ivy Hill Elementary School in Arlington Heights, IL. Nelson was a Chicago Bears fan during his youth.
After going undrafted in the 2009 NFL Draft, Nelson was signed by the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent on April 30, 2009. His attempt to make the Bengals' roster was chronicled on the HBO series Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cincinnati Bengals. In his rookie season he had 25 tackles and an interception. He was waived on August 27, 2011.
On July 29, 2015, Nelson was signed by the Baltimore Ravens. On an unknown date in August 2015 Nelson was signed to a 1-year contract as a Wide Receiver. On September 4, 2015, he was waived by the Ravens.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-02-08). "Nelson thrilled to join hometown Bears". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- Hard Knocks IV. bengals.com. September 3, 2009
- McLane, Jeff (August 25, 2012). "Eagles release ten players". Philly.com. Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-01-29). "Marc Trestman adds Tim Tibesar as linebackers coach". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-01-29.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-08-30). "Bears cut 17 players, still have five to go". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Wilkening, Mike (2014-07-27). "Panthers sign safety Tom Nelson". ProFootballTalk. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- Zrebiec, Jeff; Meoli, Jon (September 4, 2015). "Daniel Brown highlights early roster cuts". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved September 13, 2015.