August 19, 1993 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||176 lb (80 kg; 12 st 8 lb)|
|NHL Draft||100th overall, 2011
Toronto Maple Leafs
Tom Nilsson (born August 19, 1993) is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman, currently playing for Frölunda HC in the Swedish Hockey League (SHL). Nilsson was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs, 100th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft while playing in the Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan with Mora IK.
On March 19, 2013, Nilsson was signed to a three-year entry-level contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He was loaned to further develop in the Swedish Hockey League with Frölunda HC for the 2013–14 season. After his first season in North America with the Maple Leafs AHL affiliate, the Toronto Marlies, Nilsson was traded approaching the final year of his contract, along with four other prospects, to the New York Islanders in exchange for Michael Grabner on September 17, 2015.
On October 8, 2015, after an unsuccessful attempt to make the Islanders roster and little interest in continuing in the AHL, Nilsson was mutually released from contract with the Islanders. He returned to Sweden and re-joined Frölunda HC into the 2015–16 season, on a three-year contract on October 9, 2015.
Regular season and playoffs
- "Leafs sign Sparks and Nilsson". Toronto Maple Leafs. 2013-03-19. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- "Islanders acquire five players for Grabner". New York Islanders. 2015-09-17. Retrieved 2015-09-17.
- Bob McKenzie (2015-10-08). "Tom Nilsson clears waivers". Twitter. Retrieved 2015-10-08.
- "Welcome back, Tom" (in Swedish). Frölunda HC. 2015-10-09. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- Tom Nilsson's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Tom Nilsson's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|