This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tom Raffield is an artist and designer maker who works with wood using the method of steam bending. He has created a furniture and lighting range by steam bending a variety of woods, chiefly temperate hardwoods including ash, oak and walnut.
Tom Raffield grew up in Exmoor, England - where the natural environment stimulated his imagination, and fed into his future designs. Raffield’s fascination with the traditional practice of steam bending began whilst studying at Falmouth College of Arts (now Falmouth University), where he discovered the traditional technique of using a chamber wouldn’t allow him to create the complex 3D bends he had envisaged. Years of research and experimentation allowed him to develop a new steaming method to turn his design visions into reality and create furniture designs such as the Chaise Longue, Arc Chair  and Loop Chair and Lights including the Pendant Number 1, Cage Light and Butterfly Pendant which typically come in a choice of ash, oak or walnut.
Raffield was co-founder of the award-winning collective design company Sixixis, recognised for unique aesthetic, forward-thinking designs and now, through his own company, Raffield continues to create modern, sculptural furniture and lighting.
- Tregidden, Katie (2011). Interviews: Volume 1. Cornwall: confessionsofadesigngeek.com. pp. 86–89.
- Various authors (1985). Fine Woodworking on Bending Wood. Newtown, CT: Taunton Press. ISBN 0-918804-29-9.
- Tanner, Andrew (2010). Batch Craft, Design and Product. London: A&C Black. p. 135. ISBN 978-1-4081-1008-9.
- Various authors (2010). Julius Wiedemann, ed. Product Design in the Sustainable Era. Hohenzollernring,Germany: Taschen. pp. 270–273. ISBN 978-3-8365-2093-5.
- Norbury, Betty (2007). Bespoke: Source Book of Furniture Designer Makers. Carmarthenshire: Stobart Davies Ltd. p. 262. ISBN 978-0-85442-185-5.
- Abrahams, Charlotte (8 May 2010). "Interiors: the Great Outdoors". Guardian. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Unknown author (17 Feb 2011). "Tom Raffield Wins Lighting Design Award". Daisy Green. Retrieved 29 May 2013.