|Born||Bartolome Alberto Mott
October 1, 1987
Subic Bay, Zambales, Philippines
|Occupation||Actor, TV host, Recording Artist|
|Years active||2009 – Present|
|Agent||Star Magic (2009–2013)
GMA Artist Center (2013– Present)
|Known for||Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up
My Husband's Lover
Someone to Watch Over Me (TV series)
Bartolome Alberto Mott, commonly known by the stage name Tom Rodriguez, is a Filipino-American actor. He is known for being on Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up as a reality TV contestant and his roles in Be Careful With My Heart, Temptation Island, My Husband's Lover as Vincent Soriano, and My Destiny as Lucas Matthew Andrada.
Tom is from Catbalogan City, Samar, and later migrated to the United States when he was 12 years old with his parents. He was born in Subic Naval Base in Zambales to an American serviceman father and a Filipina mother. One of six siblings, he moved with his two brothers and three sisters with their mom to Pinabacdao, Samar (where their mom hails from) but they grew up in nearby Catbalogan City, also in Samar, where Tom studied at St. Mary's College of Catbalogan (formerly Sacred Heart College) from kindergarten to Elementary. He lived in Yuma, Arizona and attended Cibola High School. Then, the family migrated to San Francisco where he took up Digital Animation but found it hard to find a job there. Rodriguez is multi-lingual, able to fluently speak English, Tagalog and Waray-Waray.
Career and acting
After his eviction from Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up, he signed under Star Magic and took the stage name Tom Rodriguez. He made his television debut in Precious Hearts Romances Presents: My Cheating Heart.
In 2010, Rodriguez had a small role in an episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya with Angel Locsin. He and his fellow Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up housemates were cast in Your Song's summer episode Isla. He later played the love interest of Valerie Concepcion in Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Love Me Again. He also joined all male-singing group VoizBoys replacing Ronnie Liang, who was pulled out from the group because he has an existing contract to do an album as a solo artist. He made his film debut in Here Comes The Bride and later appeared in the film Petrang Kabayo.
Later in 2011, Rodriguez was cast in the remake film of Temptation Island in 1980 where he gained his fame, success and the key to him having a great career ahead of him. The movie was debuted on July, 2011 and made it to the box office hitting 60 million. The movie were showered with numerous high ratings and excellent receptions from certain critics. Rodriguez's character pairing with GMA artist Marian Rivera played as one of the sexy and glamorous roles in the movie that had explicitly. He played the new version of Umberto that made him being one of the new twist in story from the old film as a server on an exclusive luxurious yacht shot in the beautiful scenic Manila Bay. Marian Rivera's character (Christina G.) played as the seductive girlfriend tempting Umberto later in the movie.
He recently played Simon Escalante in TV5's teen series My Driver Sweet Lover. Rodriguez appeared in the ABS-CBN's hit drama series Angelito: Batang Ama as a regular. In the year 2012, he appeared in the movie The Reunion and in the hit daytime soap Be Careful with My Heart. He plays Jeff Macavinta as the father of Aiza Seguerra's character, Cristina Rose's son, Pocholo.
Transfer to GMA Network
In 2013, while still part of the ABS-CBN soap Be Careful With My Heart, Rodriguez decided to transfer to GMA Network, to be one of the lead actors in the controversial and groundbreaking LGBT-themed television drama series entitled My Husband's Lover. He portrayed the character of Vincent, the husband of Lally played by Carla Abellana, and the lover of Eric, played by Dennis Trillo who is gay. Because of this hit series, Rodriguez became a more bankable star and got more projects and endorsements as a Kapuso star.
In 2014, following the success of My Husband's Lover, he portrayed the role of Lucas Matthew Andrada in a television drama series My Destiny, opposite her MHL co-star and rumored girlfriend Carla Abellana.
In 2015, Tom Rodriguez was selected to portray the most coveted role of Sergio in the second adaptation of the hit-Televisa Mexicanovela MariMar. He teams up with Miss World 2013 Megan Young who plays the title role of MariMar.
Tom also has a career in musical theater. He played the title role in the Asian premiere of Disney's Aladdin which ran from November 16 to December 9, 2012 at the Meralco Theater in Manila.
|2009||Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up||Himself / Housemate||Forced eviction (Day 41)|||
|2009||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: My Cheating Heart||Harry|
|2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Mike||Episode: "Litrato"|||
|2010||Your Song Presents : Isla||Tom|
|2010||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Love Me Again||Chadilton "Chad" Barrera|
|2010||M3 (Malay Mo Ma-develop)||Ted Salazar|
|2010-11||My Driver Sweet Lover||Simon Escalante|||
|2011||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Bong||Episode: "School ID"|||
|2011||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Mana Po||Johnny Santos|
|2011||Guns and Roses||Young Lucio|
|2011||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Noli||Episode: "Niagara Falls"|||
|2011-12||Angelito: Batang Ama||Andrew Posadas|
|2012||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Chiz Escudero||Episode: "Singsing"|
|2012-13||Be Careful With My Heart||Jeff D. Macavinta|
|2013||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Ian||Episode: "Palda"|
|2013||My Husband's Lover||Vicente "Vincent" Soriano|
|2013||Sunday All Stars||Host / Performer|
|2014||My Destiny||Lucas Matthew Andrada|
|2014||Don't Lose the Money||Host|||
|2016||Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 4||Guest|
|2016-17||Someone To Watch Over Me||Teodoro Jose "TJ" Chavez|
|2010||Here Comes The Bride||Harold|
|2010||Ang Tanging Ina Mo (Last na 'To!)||Angel|
|2013||It Takes A Man And A Woman||Anton Ortega|
|2013||My Lady Boss||Timothy|
|2013||Bekikang: Ang Nanay Kong Beki||Fortunato|||
|2014||So It's You||Goryo|
|2014||Beauty in a Bottle||Pocholo|
|2014||The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin||Janjaranjan|
|2014||English Only, Please||Ernest||Special Participation|
|2015||The Love Affair||Ryan|
|2015||No Boyfriend Since Birth||Carl Mercado|
|2008||TomDen||PARI: Gold|
|2013||My Husband's Lover||27th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Actor||Nominated|
|2013||ENPRESS Golden Screen TV Awards||Best Performance by an Actor in a Drama Series||Nominated|
- "Housemate Profile - Tom". Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up. ABS-CBN, Inc. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- "Sexy Talk with Tom Rodriguez and Hermes Bautista". Philstar. 11 June 2010. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Quintos, Napoleon (2010-02-21). "Tom Rodriguez has no conflict with Ronnie Liang". Showbuzz Feature. ABS-CBN. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "Angel Locsin pairs up with Jake Cuenca for 'Maalaala Mo Kaya'". episodes. ABS-CBN. 2010-02-13. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- Franco, Bernie (2010-05-06). "PBB's Tom Rodriguez is open to going nude for a project Liang". Showbuzz Feature. ABS-CBN. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- Llanes, Rommel R. (2010-10-24). "Aspiring Action Star". Tom Rodriguez credits crooner Richard Poon for his confidence in singing. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- Almo, Nerisa (25 March 2015). "Carla Abellana Keeps Steady 'Dating' Relationship with Tom Rodriguez". Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Policarpio, Allan (27 March 2015). "Carla Abellana Hopes Tom Rodriguez is 'the One'". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Tom thrills viewers in newest game show, Don't Lose The Money".
- "Tom Rodriguez on Being Chosen to Play Sergio in New Mari Mar: "It Felt so Unreal"". 24 June 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Rula, Gorgy (24 June 2015). "Megan Young and Tom Rodriguez Star in Marimar Remake; Expect Comparison with Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes". Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Atlantis Productions stages 'Disney's Aladdin'". Philstar. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Quintos, Napoleon (21 November 2009). "Pinoy Big Brother Double Up's Tom Mott is Enjoying Princess Manzon's Company". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Melissa Ricks and Matt Evans are Paired Anew in MMK". 17 February 2011. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "Niagara Falls". Maalaala Mo Kaya. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- "Why director Wenn Deramas considers 'Bekikang' his second favorite of all his movies". TV5: Interaksyon News. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "'Bekikang': A New Wenn Deramas Star is Born". Rappler. Retrieved 21 October 2013.