June 22, 1945|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Died||January 28, 2014
Calabasas, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||prostate cancer|
Thomas Mitchell Sherak (June 22, 1945 – January 28, 2014) was an American actor-producer who was president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the 2009–2010 term and re-elected for a second term in August 2010. He was succeeded by Hawk Koch as Academy President in 2012. On September 26, 2013, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti appointed Tom Sherak as director of the newly created Mayor's Entertainment Industry and Production Office. Sherak died on January 28, 2014 in Calabasas, California, of prostate cancer. He was 68.
- Tom Sherak Elected President of AMPAS
- Gray, Timothy M (August 19, 2009). "Tom Sherak takes AMPAS presidency". Variety. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- Gray, Timothy M. (August 3, 2010). "AMPAS re-elects Tom Sherak as prexy". Variety.
- "Academy Elects Hawk Koch as Its New President". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Tom Sherak Named As LA's New Film Czar, Will Earn $1 A Year" – Huff Post Entertainment
- Former Academy President Tom Sherak Dies, Aged 68
- Tom Sherak dies at 68; former head of motion picture academy
|Non-profit organization positions|
|President of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|