5 September 1984 |
|Residence||Central Coast NSW|
|Employer||Oracle Team USA|
|Height||186 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||83 kg (183 lb)|
|Event(s)||Laser - Men|
|Updated on 9 February 2014.|
Tom Slingsby (born 5 September 1984) is an Australian sailor from the Central Coast of New South Wales. In 2012 he was both the reigning world champion and the Olympic gold medalist in the Laser (dinghy) class. He is an Australian Institute of Sport scholarship holder.
2007 - Won the Laser dinghy world championships.
2008 - Ranked number one in the Laser dinghy class prior to the 2008 Summer Olympics Laser competition but finished 22nd overall.
2010 - Won the Laser dinghy world championships at Hayling Island, UK. He was also named the male ISAF World Sailor of the Year.
2011 - Won the Laser ISAF World Sailing Championships at Fremantle, Australia.
2012 - Won the Laser dinghy world championship at Boltenhagen Germany for his fifth world title
In December 2013 Slingsby was a crew member aboard racing supermaxi yacht Perpetual Loyal in the 2013 Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, with his other celebrity crew members, Karl Stefanovic, Larry Emdur, Phil Waugh, Jude Bolton and Guillaume Brahimi.
- "Tom Slingsby". london2012.olympics.com.au. Australian Olympic Committee. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Aussie Tom Slingsby sails to Laser Olympic gold". Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Dutton, Chris (17 November 2012). "Slingsby shares top gong with Coutts". Canberra Times. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- Slingsby sticks with Oracle. 3 News NZ. 15 November 2013.
- "Sydney to Hobart 2013". Perpetual. 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "Australian Olympic Committee profile" olympics.com.au
- ILCA "Laser Standard World Championship 2012" laserinternational.org
- Sponsor Hobart Yacht Race
|Awards and achievements|
|Australian Athlete of the Year
(with Alicia Coutts)
and Kim Crow