Tom Stone (magician)
He is best known for writing a series of articles and pamphlets about original magical techniques and plots. He co-wrote a book with magician Lennart Green, contributed material to a book by Jason Alford, and has self-published a series of pamphlets as well as an e-book. He is also editor and publisher of various Swedish magic journals such as "Trollkarlen", and "Dr. Faustus Journal" (1995-).
In 2003, he was a performer and competitor at the International Magic Convention & 20th Close Up competition in Kings Cross, London, where he won £500 and was awarded second place, just behind Japanese-Canadian magician Hayashi.
In June 2010, Stone released a book entitled "Vortex", collecting many of the effects he has published in periodicals, his own ebooks and some previously unreleased material with Hermetic Press.
In May 2016, the Academy of Magical Arts in Hollywood awarded Stone the Creative Fellowship.
- The Warpsmith's Toolbox, 1994 (self published)
- Lennart Green's Snap Deal, 1995 (co-written with Lennart Green)
- The Warpsmith Returns, 1996 (self published)
- Self publishing, e-book (self published)
- Jason Alford, Cyber Sessions (Contributor)
- Tom Stone Caught On Tape
- Vortex (Published through Hermetic Press), June 2010. ISBN 9780945296669
- Maelstrom (Published through Hermetic Press), December 2011. ISBN 9780945296720
- alt.magic FAQ part 3/4
- MagicTimes News Archives - Week Of June 26-July 2, 2000
- Review Convention 20th Close-up Comp 2003
- Home Page
- Lennart Green's Snap Deal Booklet Written and Illustrated by Tom Stone
- Magic Books C Continued
- Wayne Kawamoto. "DVD Review: Tom Stone Caught on Tape". magic.about.com. Retrieved 2007-05-02.
- Tom Stone at the Internet Movie Database
- Tom Stone's website, including his personal list of works
- Genii, the Conjurors' Magazine
- "Review of The Warpsmith's Toolbox", March 1994
- "Review of The Warpsmith Returns", August 1996
- "Venetian Deck", August 2005, pp 30
- Magic magazine, May 1996: "Review of The Warpsmith Returns"
- Magic Times, December 2003 - Stone's upcoming appearance at 2003 International Magic Convention in London
- Channel One magazine, Issue 3: "Work in Progress"
- "Stockholm Magic Bar" video clip, May 19, 2005. (Swedish language). Second half of brief (amateur) clip shows sleight of hand improvisations, by Tom Stone
- "5 Greatest close-up magicians" video clip, January, 2005. (Japanese overdub). Clip shows original sleight of hand magic, by Tom Stone
- (Swedish) Magiarkivet.se - lists many works related to magic industry, including Stone's titles
- Magicpatter.com English-language bibliography listing Stone's works
- (French) Arcane magazine, 2000 - About Stone's participation with FISM 2000
- Australia's Magic Monthly, July 2000, "FISM 2000." archived copy
- (Japanese) World Magic Friends Convention, 1999