Tom Stone (magician)
He is best known for writing a series of articles and pamphlets about original magical techniques and plots. He co-wrote a book with magician Lennart Green, contributed material to a book by Jason Alford, and has self-published a series of pamphlets as well as an e-book. He is also editor and publisher of various Swedish magic journals such as "Trollkarlen", and "Dr. Faustus Journal" (1995-).
In 2003, he was a performer and competitor at the International Magic Convention & 20th Close Up competition in Kings Cross, London, where he won £500 and was awarded second place, just behind Japanese-Canadian magician Hayashi.
In June 2010, Stone released a book entitled "Vortex", collecting many of the effects he has published in periodicals, his own ebooks and some previously unreleased material with Hermetic Press.
- The Warpsmith's Toolbox, 1994 (self published)
- Lennart Green's Snap Deal, 1995 (co-written with Lennart Green)
- The Warpsmith Returns, 1996 (self published)
- Self publishing, e-book (self published)
- Jason Alford, Cyber Sessions (Contributor)
- Tom Stone Caught On Tape
- Vortex (Published through Hermetic Press), June 2010. ISBN 9780945296669
- Maelstrom (Published through Hermetic Press), December 2011. ISBN 9780945296720
- alt.magic FAQ part 3/4
- MagicTimes News Archives - Week Of June 26-July 2, 2000
- Review Convention 20th Close-up Comp 2003
- Home Page
- Lennart Green's Snap Deal Booklet Written and Illustrated by Tom Stone
- Magic Books C Continued
- Wayne Kawamoto. "DVD Review: Tom Stone Caught on Tape". magic.about.com. Retrieved 2007-05-02.
- Tom Stone at the Internet Movie Database
- Tom Stone's website, including his personal list of works
- Genii, the Conjurors' Magazine
- "Review of The Warpsmith's Toolbox", March 1994
- "Review of The Warpsmith Returns", August 1996
- "Venetian Deck", August 2005, pp 30
- Magic magazine, May 1996: "Review of The Warpsmith Returns"
- Magic Times, December 2003 - Stone's upcoming appearance at 2003 International Magic Convention in London
- Channel One magazine, Issue 3: "Work in Progress"
- "Stockholm Magic Bar" video clip, May 19, 2005. (Swedish language). Second half of brief (amateur) clip shows sleight of hand improvisations, by Tom Stone
- "5 Greatest close-up magicians" video clip, January, 2005. (Japanese overdub). Clip shows original sleight of hand magic, by Tom Stone
- (Swedish) Magiarkivet.se - lists many works related to magic industry, including Stone's titles
- Magicpatter.com English-language bibliography listing Stone's works
- (French) Arcane magazine, 2000 - About Stone's participation with FISM 2000
- Australia's Magic Monthly, July 2000, "FISM 2000." archived copy
- (Japanese) World Magic Friends Convention, 1999