Tom Stone (wrestler)
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Tom "Rocky" Stone|
Steven Hall is a retired American professional wrestler who appeared primarily under the name Tom Stone. He is notable for his appearances with the American Wrestling Association (AWA) and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF).
Stone began wrestling with the WWF in 1987, appearing frequently as a jobber. He would go on to be remembered primarily for this work, and later became a well-regarded trainer for other wrestlers. During the declining days of the AWA, he joined that promotion and received greater billing (including wrestling tag-team matches with Nick Bockwinkel), though he still routinely lost to the AWA's recognized stars. He was also one of the notable jobbers (along with Jake Milliman) to take part in the AWA's Team Challenge Series.
Championships and accomplishments
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him # 456 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1991
- "Tom Stone Profile & Match Listing". IWB. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Multerer, Chris (April 30, 2014). Job Man: My 25 Years in Professional Wrestling. Larry Widen. ISBN 978-1304799937.
- Schire, George (2010). Minnesota's Golden Age of Wrestling: From Verne Gagne to the Road Warriors. Minnesota Historical Society. pp. 152–153. ISBN 978-0873516204.
- Baldwin, Clarence (June 22, 2012). "The Absolute Best Wrestling Jobbers of All Time". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 13 July 2017.